vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Short Cache Logs (Topic moved from 'Early Publication' thread)

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I think you forgot the "manners" part of the equation. A simple "thanks" is a heck of a lot better then a blank log.
    I'm not forgetting manners, I'm suggesting not to get to worked up because a few other cachers may not have them, or minimally behave the way we'd like. I have no problem with suggesting and promoting better logs as much as I like to promote quality, memorable caches but I would not lose sleep over it. If a person is consistently writing short or non-existent logs even after one or two prompts, most likely they are not going to change and that's the way they choose to play.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thanks for the "quip" there Cano! That was my very first cache and I didn't have a clue!! I actually left a few things that didn't fit in the cache next to the cache! Fortunately, I have long since improved my caching manners and I'll challenge just about anybody to a "positive logs" contest! There's another 4010 you ought to check to see if my manners improved since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Looks like somebody forgot his manners :P
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...4-6c70356ef858
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I didn't see much wrong with that log, short of poor grammar and spelling. I have a personal editor so you don't see so much of that in my logs.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    You forgot one,

BEER!
    Sheesh! I'll drink to that!

Nobody getting worked up here Dave! And I'm not loosing any sleep either. Some of us are making an effort to help the new cachers post good logs. While everybody can play the game the way they want, there are many here that have a lot of caches placed that would like to see a kinder, more gentle, and more thoughtful response to their caches. Any issues with that simple thought?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'm not forgetting manners, I'm suggesting not to get to worked up because a few other cachers may not have them, or minimally behave the way we'd like. I have no problem with suggesting and promoting better logs as much as I like to promote quality, memorable caches but I would not lose sleep over it. If a person is consistently writing short or non-existent logs even after one or two prompts, most likely they are not going to change and that's the way they choose to play.

Yeah, you're a lot smarter then me, I guess! Maybe I'll go back and edit my first find. Yeah, that's what I''ll do.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I didn't see much wrong with that log, short of poor grammar and spelling. I have a personal editor so you don't see so much of that in my logs.

Wish I was as smart and clever as you Dave! Guess I messed up my very first log. Would you please go through the rest of mine and see what else I spelled wrong? That would be nice of you! THANKS for your kind comments and help. I did go and edit my first log to keep it more in line with the way I generally log. Cano will help you!

Brdad, who is your editor? Will they edit all of ours? I know my logs and cache descriptions, and forum posts could use an editor. No matter how many times I proof, I still leave mistakes! As a matter of fact, I found lots of grammatical and typing errors in the caches published Sunday. Hope no one was too put off by that. Its just the way my ADHD rolls! Anyhow, I have got to once again say that placing caches is new to me and am finding it rewarding, whether they are PNG or woods caches, or something in between. Its great to share the history of this area with fellow cachers and read their repsonses. The rising gas prices and falling income have left me pretty much land locked on my property and reading the logs for my new caches makes me feel like I am still involved and part of the sport and has made me laugh, even though life has been really frustrating lately! I appreciate every word.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Wish I was as smart and clever as you Dave! Guess I messed up my very first log. Would you please go through the rest of mine and see what else I spelled wrong? That would be nice of you! THANKS for your kind comments and help. I did go and edit my first log to keep it more in line with the way I generally log. Cano will help you!
    Dan, all your logs on my caches looked great! Especially enjoyed the one about you trying to find the cache w/o your GPR! Got laughing at that one. Even read it to my 73 yr old mom and it made her laugh! You're one honest guy to post that! Anyhow, thanks to your example, I just sent out thank yous to many folks who found my caches and that I hadn't talked to about them. Didn't know that was okay to do, but after I read that you did that, it sounded like a good idea. I learned from you that it was okay to send a gentle note to begining cachers explaining about logging. I did that with the newbie and all of his logs posted today have 2 words, which is 2 words more than before, so it had impact. Thanks for your mentoring and don't worry about perfection in your logs. Perfection is not required. Your positive attitude is enough. Thanks for the mentoring.

I appreciate your kind thoughts. Thankfully, I get a lot of thanks for the logs I post. I enjoy putting a little extra in my logs and in the "do as to others as they would do to you" I think I get paid back in spades!

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Dan, all your logs on my caches looked great! Especially enjoyed the one about you trying to find the cache w/o your GPR! Got laughing at that one. Even read it to my 73 yr old mom and it made her laugh! You're one honest guy to post that! Anyhow, thanks to your example, I just sent out thank yous to many folks who found my caches and that I hadn't talked to about them. Didn't know that was okay to do, but after I read that you did that, it sounded like a good idea. I learned from you that it was okay to send a gentle note to begining cachers explaining about logging. I did that with the newbie and all of his logs posted today have 2 words, which is 2 words more than before, so it had impact. Thanks for your mentoring and don't worry about perfection in your logs. Perfection is not required. Your positive attitude is enough. Thanks for the mentoring.