vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preserves, parks, trail systems, clusters of caches

Fore River Sanctuary in Portland has 10 or 11 caches along with a nice set of waterfalls. The trails are nice but can be a bit bugy at times. Another favorite is Evergreen cemetery Portland. This cemetery has duck ponds, and walking trails with several caches on them. The trails start at the back of the cemetery by the duck ponds. Across the street is Baxter woods with a few more caches to get.

Helpfull hint...When there are no trail maps except one posted on the kiosk we usually take a picture of it with our digital camera or cell phone for reference later while on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    Helpfull hint...When there are no trail maps except one posted on the kiosk we usually take a picture of it with our digital camera or cell phone for reference later while on the trails.
    That is so true. It also is a good idea for stages of multis or puzzle caches. If you enter a digit in wrong or count the wrong number of "R"'s on that plaque, having a digital copy is much easier than backtracking!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That's one of the best suggestions I've heard in a long time. Just slapped the side of my head and said DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Great thread . . . I always enjoy doing a decent hike with a number of caches along the way to break things up. This thread gives me some ideas about places to go.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Dan you should compile all this into a permanent article for new cachers to refer to in the future! Great thread!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Like doing a few caches then ending up on top of mountain with a view? There's 2 hikes off the Watson Pond Road in Rome/Belgrade. One of my all time favorites hike is to the top of Round Top. dblbogey (Henry placed a cache almost in the parking area for a starting point, Round Bottom GC1M6D2. LT used to have a few caches on the way up but I didn't see them on the map when I just looked. Regardless, the hike to the top is fun and you will be rewarded with a spectacular view. The trail is marked, not as well as I would like, but marked. The cache on top is Round Top, GCJM13. When you get to the top and the trail T's, go right.

So if you're legs aren't burning after doing this hike (about 2 hours round trip) go down the road, do I found my Thrill GC1MJYE which will start you up the trail to the top of Blueberry Hill, the cache on top Blueberry Hill being GC1EMNV. Enjoy!

Let's see how the thread pans out. Seems to be some interest. I'm in you neighborhood this afternoon at the All Season Recreational Center if you guys want to learn about how camproads impact water quality. 1:30 to 3:30 and I'll tell a lot of funny stories during that time! Checking to see if there are any caches left in the Belgrade area that I should do while I'm out there...

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Dan you should compile all this into a permanent article for new cachers to refer to in the future! Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Let's see how the thread pans out. Seems to be some interest. I'm in you neighborhood this afternoon at the All Season Recreational Center if you guys want to learn about how camproads impact water quality. 1:30 to 3:30 and I'll tell a lot of funny stories during that time! Checking to see if there are any caches left in the Belgrade area that I should do while I'm out there...
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-5c343dbfdc20 <----this is a must do cache in Belgrade.

That cache is high on my to do list, but if I go for that today I assume I'll look like a swamp thing when I show up to speak! Trust me, I'll get it, just not today.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-5c343dbfdc20 <----this is a must do cache in Belgrade.