Although I was to late to publish this as an "Official" Geocaching dot com Event - it's ok - let's get together anyway. June 29th, Comfort Inn, Belfast ME - 6P - 8P, although it is possible we may start a bit sooner - watch this thread to learn updates.

I would like to cordially invite Geocachers, friends and others to come meet Vic (vicbiker) & Blaine as they stay over at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge, 159 Searsport Avenue, Belfast, the night of June 29th - Breakfast nook area.

I am happy to host this little Meet N Greet so folks can wish them well along the way. Just a little time to talk, reflect, ask questions, etc. More detail will follow on Monday. If you plan on attending - please post to this thread with the number of people (bring a friend too if you like).

There will be some door prizes (not sure how many, or what they will be - but I will have some stuff and there will be at least 2 unactivated Geocoins). Everyone will get a door prize ticket (even if you are unable to donate) but if you wish to donate there will be a "blind" donation jar for you to drop something in for a donation (no amount to small - suggested donation $1 - $5). Checks will be accepted as donations as The JD Foundation is a non-profit Foundation.

Here is what the ride is all about (written by Vic): In 2004 Blaine and I embarked on a cross country bicycle tour from Anacortes Wash. to our home in Abbot Maine.That experience forever changed our lives and we vowed that we would do something similar to that trip every couple of years. Unfortunately the following year my wife Cheryl and I were to lose a son to suicide and once again our lives were changed forever. The JD Foundation was started as a result of this tragic event to... help raise awareness and prevent suicide.

This tour will be our way of doing what we love while at the same time raising awareness for the JD Foundation's efforts to prevent suicide in the state of Maine. As we ride the length of route one we are in hopes that some of you will come ride with us, provide us with places to camp, connect us to local media, open your hearts to support our efforts by making a donation.

Our plans for this ride will be to cover 40-60 miles a day giving us the time to connect with people along the route. Leaving Fort Kent - Monday 6/20/11 we ride to Van Buren,
6/21/11 to Presque Isle, 6/22/11 to Orient, 6/23/11 to Princeton, 6/24/11 to Calais for two nights, 6/26/11 to Cobcook State Park, 6/27/11 to Jonesport, 6/28/11 to Sullivan, 6/29/11 to Belfast, 6/30/11 to Wiscasset, 7/1/11 to Biddeford, 7/2/11 we finish our ride in Kittery.

Travel plans for tomorrow will preclude me responding to posts after 9 AM but if you have questions all will be answered by Sunday night. Thank you!