Lois has hit the nail on the head as they say. If the Board is not "representing" anybody then what's the sense of having a board? I don't think we should proceed willy-nilly to every park manager or send a "to whom it may concern" letter to landowners. I'd suggest direct contact with folks in Augusta to lay the groundwork so that if asked by an specific park official we can indicate who we spoke to and the authority given to us and its limitations.

If the members here prefer that they not be "represented" for lack of a better term or alternatively would view the board as a logical choice to deal with the state and perhpas the Nature Conservancy as well, then please chime in on this topic and tell us one way or the other.

As far as maps that show where not to place caches, I think I'd like some input from Tom on that thought. My fear would be that some cachers would think they could place caches anywhere not "blocked off" on the map. Seems to me there are a lot of cache placements that show little regard for private property rights but that's a different topic.

The response of those who post to this site should tell us (it will me for sure) whether addressing this issue and other issues the board has worked on is worth the effort that's made. We'll see....