vb:literal>

Thread: Challenge Caches

Hybrid View

Default Challenge Caches

I'm always hearing about Challenge Caches on here. Is there a list somewhere. I've got a lot of free time on my hands and thought it might be cool to go after a couple of challenges. I'm only missing "X" in the alphabet for cache titles. Does that ring a bell? And at one point I was keeping a grid of all the different hide/terrain difficulty. What else is out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I'm always hearing about Challenge Caches on here. Is there a list somewhere. I've got a lot of free time on my hands and thought it might be cool to go after a couple of challenges. I'm only missing "X" in the alphabet for cache titles. Does that ring a bell? And at one point I was keeping a grid of all the different hide/terrain difficulty. What else is out there?
    I know, I know. There's a missing question mark. How do you edit these dang things anyways?? (Two question marks; one to make up for the missing one).

There is an article listing Maine's challenge caches. On the front page there is a widget named Articles, the Challenge Cache help article is under Caching Help in that widget. Or, you can just click here: Maine Challenge Cache Help

Missing on the list is K.E.L.T. Challenge (Unknown/Mystery)(Small) (GC27KP3) by Circles (3/1.5) and The Well Travelled Cacher Challenge (MAINE) (Unknown/Mystery)(Small) (GC2Y2EN) by anniebananie (5/2.5). I'll add those soon.

The challenge cache that needs the 'X' is Maine’s Alphanumeric Cache Challenge (Unknown/Mystery)(Not chosen) (GC1JJ38) by Northwoods Explorer (4.5/4.5). There is a macro listed in the aforementioned article which will spit out a list of qualifying caches you can paste right into your cache log.

AFAIK Maine does not have a challenge requiring all the D/T ratings, but there are plenty out of state in which your Maine finds would qualify. Many of these are "Fizzy" challenges.

For information on challenge caches out of state, take a gander at the bookmark lists here.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-01-2011 at 04:32 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I picked up my X one winter night near Hope, ME. I am missing 0, 3.4. V, Z. You're almost there! Happy Caching.

Thanks to both of you! I went through some of the articles, but missed it somehow. So "X" is in Hope. Cool! I have to go check on a cache this weekend.

Might we want to add Serious High Rollers of Maine Caching Challenge (GC2CJDM) to the list?
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    Might we want to add Serious High Rollers of Maine Caching Challenge (GC2CJDM) to the list?
    Yes, that is another one I missed. Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'm being a bit under-observant lately!
    Last edited by brdad; 07-02-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."