vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macro for Know Your Local Maine Cacher Challenge 2010

Question Macro for Know Your Local Maine Cacher Challenge 2010

Is there a macro that will show which cachers in Maine actively have 3 different kinds of caches to find? TX.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Is there a macro that will show which cachers in Maine actively have 3 different kinds of caches to find? TX.
    I think this is a great idea! Dave where are you?!!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Clearly we need to make the web site content more visible...

On the top left of the front page is a widget "Articles"...
    Under that heading is "Caching Help"...
    Under that heading is "Maine Challenge Cache Help"...
    In that article is a section named "Know Your Local Maine Cacher Challenge 2010"...
    In that section is a hyperlink to a macro "LocalCacher.gsk"...
    This will take you to appropriate thread on the GSAK website to download the macro. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the thread to get the newest version.

Ok, maybe it would be easier to find if there were one or two less steps!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    clearly we need to make the web site content more visible...

ya think?????
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Clearly we need to make the web site content more visible...

On the top left of the front page is a widget "Articles"...
    Under that heading is "Caching Help"...
    Under that heading is "Maine Challenge Cache Help"...
    In that article is a section named "Know Your Local Maine Cacher Challenge 2010"...
    In that section is a hyperlink to a macro "LocalCacher.gsk"...
    This will take you to appropriate thread on the GSAK website to download the macro. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the thread to get the newest version.

I have that macro. What I am looking for is a macro that will go thru the 8000+ Maine caches and will pull out names up geocachers who have hidden 3 or more different kinds of hides, whether I have found them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I have that macro. What I am looking for is a macro that will go thru the 8000+ Maine caches and will pull out names up geocachers who have hidden 3 or more different kinds of hides, whether I have found them or not.
    Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. Neat idea.

And I thought it would be real easy but I realized one glitch, and that is if you do not have the archived caches you have found in your database of Maine caches you would not get a perfect result. But even than it could still be used to filter GSAK to show which cache hiders have 3 or more unique & active cache types. Let me see what I can do.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Ok, Sue and anyone else interested...

Try this macro out. I'm not 100% confident in it yet lol

This will (should) filter a database of all Maine caches for caches which:

Are hidden by hiders who have hidden more than 3 or more types of caches
    AND
    Are currently available OR are archived but you have found them.

So if all your finds and all available Maine caches are in your database you should be able to see what caches by which cachers you need to find to meet the requirement.

The list is sorted by Owner Name with secondary sort of Cache Type, so hopefully it makes it easy to see which ones you might need to do.

Click on the red "X" button to clear the macro filter.

EDIT: Macro deleted; I forgot the "All finds must be on or after January 1, 2010" part. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by brdad; 07-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

What macro, Dave?

Mis-read the edit. My bad.
    Last edited by JustKev; 07-13-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Default Second Attempt

You'd think one date wouldn't have much effect on it, but I had to re-write the whole macro.

Give this a try....

This macro is now more about what caches are not allowed than which ones are allowed, so it effectively filters out:

Caches Which you own
    Caches you never found and are archived (It's up to you to make sure GSAK knows these are archived)
    Caches you have found (archived or available) which you found before 2010-01-01

From the caches that remain, it removes all caches by owners who have hidden less than 3 different cache types that meet the requirements.

Looking at the cache description, I am wondering if the different events do not count - meaning, can you claim a CITO and a regular event from the same hider? I'll have to verify that.

If anyone likes where this is going I should be able to also make it spit out a list you could put in your cache log.

Edit: Macro deleted, newer version below...
    Last edited by brdad; 07-15-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I looked at your SQL statement. You must use aggregate function on columns not included in GROUP BY.

You'd think one date wouldn't have much effect on it, but I had to re-write the whole macro.

Give this a try....

This macro is now more about what caches are not allowed than which ones are allowed, so it effectively filters out:

Caches Which you own
    Caches you never found and are archived (It's up to you to make sure GSAK knows these are archived)
    Caches you have found (archived or available) which you found before 2010-01-01

From the caches that remain, it removes all caches by owners who have hidden less than 3 different cache types that meet the requirements.

Looking at the cache description, I am wondering if the different events do not count - meaning, can you claim a CITO and a regular event from the same hider? I'll have to verify that.

If anyone likes where this is going I should be able to also make it spit out a list you could put in your cache log.
    Moo