vb:literal>

Thread: Alaska's version of GeocachingMaine

Hybrid View

Default Alaska's version of GeocachingMaine

Hope you all take a visit to the GeocacheAlaska website to see what they do and how they do it, all for a Premium Membership (voluntary) fee of $20.00 per year. Check out their sub-categories like the one for Park Manager contacts. While the Alaska site may be a bit more then any could envision, we could do it here in Maine with motivation and effort. I can guarantee that a site like that would capture a majority of Maine's geocachers, not just the handful that take the time to visit our site. www.GeocacheAlaska.org will get you there. Id' like to know what all of you think, especially my fellow board members and Rick.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Very lovely site...they dont have a newsletter however...they need one! LOL

I volunteer to go there and show them how to write one......if they want to bring me all expenses paid LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

they are selling four nines gold geocoins, how cool is that
    the site design is a total crap though, even if they are still living in 1995, it's still crap. I wonder where $1500 per year, they collect for membership, goes. Not to a site maintenance I guess.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    they are selling four nines gold geocoins, how cool is that
    the site design is a total crap though, even if they are still living in 1995, it's still crap. I wonder where $1500 per year, they collect for membership, goes. Not to a site maintenance I guess.
    I still use FrontPage on my site. It is a *bit* behind the times - Ok, it's a LOT behind the times. But as Dan stated they do have some nice features content-wise for us to consider, as do several other caching organizations.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It certainly is interesting. I have to agree with most of the comments so far....the site software and construction is far outdated but their content is good and importantly....I'll say again, importantly, they have a mission statement. While the cosmetics appear lacking, looks like the organization has their act together. And some pretty cool coins. Seeing those coins reminds me of my appreciation for a Geocaching Maine coin that was given to me.
    Site construction-wise, GCM.org is ahead of the curve. Just my opinion, look forward to others.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Enjoying the comments so far. Hoping to hear from my fellow board members and our webmaster, Rick, soon!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.