vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alaska's version of GeocachingMaine

Speaking of the money end of things, how many members here have donated in the past year and how many and who has given at the two new higher categories? My thought is consistent with the old maxim "You get what you pay for" and it surely appears the Alaska site is well organized. And for what it's worth, they jumped through the IRS hoops to acquire 501(C)3 status which means any payment to their site is tax deductible, not a huge issue but certainly not a bad thing for folks who give to support a sport like geocaching. So their site is technically inferior, do I have that right Cano, and they have to donate 20 tax qualified dollars to vote. Anybody see anything they liked?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I noticed that requirement as well. I don't like the idea and am not sure what the benefit would be. They also limit voting to premium members as well, an interesting consideration...
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Maine...caching the way it should be

While I can appreciate another state's geocaching website, and Alaska has done a fine job. Why would we want to copy their website, or try to run this one like Alaska's?

Mainer's have always been independent......
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I wasn't suggesting we "copy it", just look at what they offer and see if there's something we could learn about who others are doing it. I don't think we'd be giving up our independence in doing so. I bet the higher ups at Home Depot look at what Lowe's is doing and vice versa. It's how we "learn" and improve.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I bet the higher ups at Home Depot look at what Lowe's is doing and vice versa. It's how we "learn" and improve.
    I've worked at both companies. Might not wanna use them as examples. They've both advanced in the wrong direction more than once. lol