vb:literal>

Thread: Pre and Post-Event Cache Maintenance

Hybrid View

Default Pre and Post-Event Cache Maintenance

This event is over a year away but this is something for all cache owners to consider, particularly those with caches close to the event location(s). And that is many of these caches are going to be hit by hundreds of people in a short amount of time. Some of these caches will get more finds in one day than they ever have had since they were placed.

It might be a good idea to check on these caches before and after the event to ensure they are intact, well stocked and have plenty of room in their logbooks.

Where pertinent, landowners should be made aware of the upcoming event and the influx of cachers that may descend on the location.

Perhaps tat or anyone else has some other suggestions I have forgotten?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

What event are you talking about???? Have I missed somthing here?

If you are talking about caches in the vacanity of the Mega in Sept 2012 - you are right - ALL caches in the vacanity of the Mega Coords will get hit HARD! So a fair warning to all CO to ensure everything is well and above board with their caches. I remember Raleigh NC and I am sure other members know of other venues.

Yes, sorry - I am talking about the EarthCache event The post is in the 1st International Earthcache Event forum, but it's easy to miss what forum any post is in, I have done it several times myself. Sorry for the confusion!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

At GW IX this year they did not do a good job getting the local caches ready for the mobs. Many had full logs and needed maintenance. I think next year will be much better.
    Happy Trails!

All I can compare this to it the Eustis event. I brought 8 bottles of Clamato Juice last year for Bloody Mary's and ran out! I'm bringing a boatload this year and will turn nobody away!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Sorry about that - yes, if the ECE turns into a mega - caches in the area - as well as those along travel routes are apt to be hit hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yes, sorry - I am talking about the EarthCache event The post is in the 1st International Earthcache Event forum, but it's easy to miss what forum any post is in, I have done it several times myself. Sorry for the confusion!

So what you are tip toeing around is I should get all the SMR caches fixed.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    So what you are tip toeing around is I should get all the SMR caches fixed.
    Well sure... or perhaps relocated to ..... the Marianas Trench?

I'm not sure how many of the attendees would make the trip from Portland to the SMR, but I would not be surprised if there are hundreds of cachers coming from all over the world that some won't stay a few days early or late so they can make the trip to do your caches.

I think it'd be great if we could have the state free of disabled caches. We have over 60 now that have bee disabled over 90 days, a few have been disabled over a year. And there are many that are not disabled that should be. Maybe it's just me, but maintenance seems to be at an all time low lately.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!