Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Bombastic caches

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, ME
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Buy a hardhat (we sell them at Lowe's), carry a clipboard and look official. No one will even bat an eyelash.

    better yet.....get 2 little dogs and put them on a leash...nooone will want to see what those dogs are doing.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, Maine
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    better yet.....get 2 little dogs and put them on a leash...nooone will want to see what those dogs are doing.
    Or they'll be all over you to make sure you clean up after your pet because dog poop is the reason the oceans are polluted and a major cause of global warming.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Buy a hardhat (we sell them at Lowe's), carry a clipboard and look official. No one will even bat an eyelash.
    One of the designs I liked best I was at Geowoodstock Texas in 2006 - a couple of geocachers from Illinois had orange t-shirts with a small logo on the front with "Guardrail Inspection Co." and "Guardrail Inspector" in big black letters on the back. I haven't seen them since. They looked very official. Maybe there'd need to be a lamp post inspector now...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Buy a hardhat (we sell them at Lowe's), carry a clipboard and look official. No one will even bat an eyelash.
    The stuff you sell screams "I'm a suspicious person".

    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    One of the designs I liked best I was at Geowoodstock Texas in 2006 - a couple of geocachers from Illinois had orange t-shirts with a small logo on the front with "Guardrail Inspection Co." and "Guardrail Inspector" in big black letters on the back. I haven't seen them since. They looked very official. Maybe there'd need to be a lamp post inspector now...
    Mine says across the back "Leave me the frig alone".
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Buy a hardhat (we sell them at Lowe's), carry a clipboard and look official. No one will even bat an eyelash.
    Or wear your fire department T-shirt or job shirt and just tell them that you're looking for hydrants and water lines . . . of course this may not work if you're wearing your Bangor FD T-shirt and you're in Lewiston.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Funny thing is I wrote to a member of the Bomb Squad today (and donated a suitcase -- they're always on the look out for suitcases to blow up or use in demos) and he said he did make sure he signed the log of the cache in Bangor. . . . HehHeh . . . a geocacher at heart.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •