vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Town Egret Kayak 16' 7" - $350

Default Old Town Egret Kayak 16' 7" - $350

The Old Town Egret is a stable boat for the recreational paddler, yet paddles easily with its long hull. Jim, former manager of the OTC Outlet, shared with me that OT should have never stopped making this kayak because it was the best they ever made. The entry is large enough for a good sized person but not so large that you take on water when a boat goes by or you get into whitecaps or ocean waves, or even paddle drips on windy days. I've had this boat in rivers, up to class 2 whitewater, streams, lakes, ponds and in ocean bays and it handles all with ease. I am confident enough in its stablity to pull out my most expensive camera equipement and photograph while on the water. It also as a paddle holder on the side that holds your paddle against the boat, keeping the blades from accidently catching the water while you are doing photos, and thus flipping you and your camera out of the boat! It's got scratches, it has a dent where it was tied a little too securely to the roof rack, and is missing the "gret" on the Egret decal. Thats because you will have no "Re-grets" if you purchase this boat. I have had the boat since brand new. This boat is around 8-9 years old, and was the second run, so it has the more adjustable, comfy seat, and the cooler hatch cover. You can carry enough gear in the boat to do weekend kayak camping. This boat does not have a sealed rear hatch, but that is easy enough to do with some foam or insulation from OTC and some house caulk and glue. Google it and check out the reviews. $350.00 To see more pics: http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2512908215.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	226.jpg 
Views:	1642 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	1011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	228.jpg 
Views:	1442 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	1010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	224.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	1012
    Last edited by brdad; 07-25-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Member request

Default Here are the other pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	230.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	1015Here are the other pics.

Happen to see this on Craigslist last night before it was posted on here as I am looking down the road at a little bigger boat. How bad is the dent from the strapping? Would it be something that could be repaired with heat?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

The dent does not effect its tracking. I don't know anything about repairing using heat. Sorry. You could check with OTC. You are welcome to take it for a test drive on Marsh Stream. We can paddle up the flat water, if you are not afraid of getting wet from the beaver slapping his tail right by your boat! LOL.

I may take you up on that depending on scheduling this weekend. I have to take my kids down to their grandparents in Pemaquid for the weekend and on the way back i can come a different route to take a look. I have a Solitude right now which is only a 9' boat and is a bit more than i like out in open water on Pushaw with all the boats whizzing by. I have to turn into their wakes as its such a low rider. I also take out my nice SLR and it makes me crazy sometimes worried about it getting wet. Not concerned with beavers as much as their darn dams. I used to be able to go out about 13 miles on Black Stream but the beavers have made it all flat water. Where there used to be only one portage to get over a dam, now there are 4 within the first mile or so.

Have a guy that wants to come over and look at it. He and I have not yet sceduled, so if you are serious and want to see it sooner we can do that, but I need to know very soon. TY Sue

My schedule is not going to allow for me to stop through. I have to hightail it back to Bangor / Old Town early saturday morning. On a side note, the Old Town Canoe Summer Sizzling sale is this weekend where they sell all their factory blemishes.

Big holes in the dams will fix the problem.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    My schedule is not going to allow for me to stop through. I have to hightail it back to Bangor / Old Town early saturday morning. On a side note, the Old Town Canoe Summer Sizzling sale is this weekend where they sell all their factory blemishes.
    Have fun at the sale. Already scheduled with the guy to see this one. There's nothing like this boat at the sale, but you certainly can get some deals. I got a little creek boat up there for those narrow little streams that don't leave me room to turn around and almost 17 ft kayak with a keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Big holes in the dams will fix the problem.
    Eki, I think I missed something...or maybe you did? What are you talking about.?