vb:literal>

Thread: Off to Seattle

Thumbs up Off to Seattle

Myself with a few other local new England cachers are off to Seattle for Groundspeak's Block Party. This is to kick off the first annual "International Geocaching Day". I guess they plan to have this event every year. Not sure if it will be there or moving around, but I suspect it will stay in Fremont.

Also we will be attending an event to bring attention to the replacement tribute to the stolen APE cache in the Cascade Mountains. Glad I was able to get the real one last year before it disappeared. While it's not the special icon anymore, the tunnel has been reopened making it worth the while to go.

The other fun plan is to hunt the western most cache in the continental US. It is way, WAY out on the Olympic peninsula. We plan to do this all day drive tomorrow. Hoping for clear sunny weather (well I can hope, right). I will try and post some pictures here or at least on my Facebook page. I'll keep you all posted as to how I make out.
    Happy Trails!

Safe travels and have a wonderful time ....dont post ALL the best pics...save some for the newsletter please! hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

As last minute plans, Lee and I are going to the block party event in New Hampshire Saturday. I didn't think about the name, but it is being held at Benson Park, which is the site of the former Benson's Wild Animal Farm. I remember going to this place on a few occasions as a kid, and the last time being when my son was real young, over 20 years ago. I had totally forgotten about the place. Supposedly many of the fixtures are still there including the old lady in the shoe. It will be fun to go back.

While it may not be the scale of the Seattle block party event, this might be fun for anyone that can't make that one.

Also, Groundspeak is giving the block party souvenir to any cacher who attends an event or logs any cache on Saturday as it is also the first International Geocaching Day.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Myself with a few other local new England cachers are off to Seattle for Groundspeak's Block Party. This is to kick off the first annual "International Geocaching Day". I guess they plan to have this event every year. Not sure if it will be there or moving around, but I suspect it will stay in Fremont.

Also we will be attending an event to bring attention to the replacement tribute to the stolen APE cache in the Cascade Mountains. Glad I was able to get the real one last year before it disappeared. While it's not the special icon anymore, the tunnel has been reopened making it worth the while to go.

The other fun plan is to hunt the western most cache in the continental US. It is way, WAY out on the Olympic peninsula. We plan to do this all day drive tomorrow. Hoping for clear sunny weather (well I can hope, right). I will try and post some pictures here or at least on my Facebook page. I'll keep you all posted as to how I make out.
    Would love to see some of those photos that you took of your voyage to the west coast. Thanks Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have some posted on my Facebook page.
    Happy Trails!