vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ 9/17-9/18

You need to find out as soon as possible so you can change the coordinates on the GC cache page. There are a lot of us coming up and planning on tenting for the night. So a place to put a tent would be nice also.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Having a little problem. Talked with Limestone yesterday. They close that park weekend after labor day. I was like are you kidding?
    No sweat.. still the same weekend, if I can't convince them to let us use the park, I will find somewhere else, still plenty of choices...
    I agree with Attroll, but wait until you get your new GPSr - we want those coordinates to be ACCURATE! And congrats on a great upgrade. I'm sure you'll love it (and don't for get the Garmin City Select software!).

Thanks. Yes there will be a tenting place. Thats not a problem. There are a few areas I know of right now were we can tent out or people can bring there RV's whatever they have, no trouble. It will be changed. If anything, its maybe 10 miles closer, or same distace for most of you, not like its out of the way I will definitly keep you all updated, thanks for sitcking with me on this
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Since I have not heard back from Trafon Lake (theu said they close weekend after labor day) I will have to move the camping ground.
    I just updated the event on www.geocaching.com
    Its now going to be right off Rt1 IN caribou. Its called North Caribou Park. We will camp out back there is a nice big feild out there. They also have picnic tables, horse shoes, fire pits, basketball court and an outhouse. I wil be talking with Caribou Park and Rec about this event to make 100% sure. Thanks for keeping up with me on this!

Just my opinion but shouldn't you have inquired to the Caribou Park and Rec before you updated the event page? One never knows what can happen and you have plenty of time to make sure everything is settled. Just my 2 cents.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Just my opinion but shouldn't you have inquired to the Caribou Park and Rec before you updated the event page? One never knows what can happen and you have plenty of time to make sure everything is settled. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree with Haffy. Not trying to get on your case. But I think most parks close right after Labor Day weekend because that is the last major weekend of the year before fall starts setting int nad school starts.
    Blazing Troll

This park isn't more or less a "park" People mainly only go through there to ATV or camp, sometimes paintball too.
    I worked for the Caribou Rec for 3 years. I think we will be all set. But, yes I undestand your points. Thanks.

ITS FINAL! I SWEAR! AROOSTOOK STATE PARK. I HAVE IT BOOKED. ITS THE BOY SCOUT AREA WHERE THEY HAVE THIER PARTIES. ITS GOT A FIRE PIT, BATHROOMS, ETC, JUST NO ELECTRICAL. SHOULD I EXPECT ALL TENTS OR JUST CAMERAS? IT WILL BE $3.00 A HEAD (AT THE SIGN IN) AND MAYBE A FEW EXTRA LATER IN THE NIGHT FOR ANY FOOD/DRINKS/ETC. ANY PREFERENCES? THANKS.. SORRY FOR THE WAIT. BUT WE HAVE OVER 6 WEEKS FOR STILL PLANNING. BUT 100% SURE NOW AND BOOKED FOR AROOSTOOK STATE PARK. THATS RIGHT OFF RT 1 ABOUT A MILE, ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE, JUST BEFORE YOU GET INTO PI, ABOUT 40 MILES OFF THE INTERSTATE.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-e038da1f2c64

Update: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-e038da1f2c64

Well I went to the site today and talked with the park ranger! Everything went as planned.
    Here are exact directions, for southerners (if your comming from the north, its vice-versa)
    Take I95 to Houlton, ME. Take a left on Rt 1 for appx 38miles into Presque Isle, Maine. Before you reach the "city of presque isle" bear left on The state park road, you will see a sign before this with a arrow for Arroostook State Park.Travel 1 mile down this road, when you will see a left hand turn, with a sign also saying Aroostook State Park, marked with a arrow, take this road, its called State Park Road, travel .25 miles down this road and take a right on Mountain Road, a dirt road at a angle from State Park Road. Go down this road 1.2 miles to get to the Event Area.
    .3 miles down the Mountain road will be a gate thats suppose to be locked. I have the combination for this gate, its do no atv's unauthorized vehicles go through, we have permission to go through these days but I have to make sure the gate it shut, after every vehicle going through, so after talking with the warden for a half hour, we came up with the idea, after every car goes through, you will have to open the gate, and close it behind you to drive in. I will unlock it right when I get there so it will be unlocked for everyone, just get out of the car, open it, then go through and get out again and close it, sorry for any inconnveiance on this.
    The only rules on the park is there are no atv's allowed and no drinking alcoholic beverages. There is water and bathrooms and it is in a very nice spot in the woods, perfect for a geocaching event! If you have any questions, please contact me and I will be happy to be assistance.
    The day of the 17th I have a training at the Caribou Fire Department. I will be here all day and it is manditory. Expect to get done at 5pm. Then after I go home and take care of a fewe things, I do not see me getting here before 630pm. I will try to have BLesvesque or someone else be here earlier to open the gates, cause I probably won't be able to show up before the majority of you all. I will have some pictures posted as soon as my personal computer gets back from the shop of the area, and routes to get there. Take your time, watch out for moose on your adventure to the county.
    Oh, one other thing. According to the warden, I am the contact on this because I set it up. I am the one who will be responsible for any damage/garbage/headcounts, etc. I will have a sign in paper (or I will go around later that evening) and it will be $4.00 a head. I had to pay a $10.00 fee for the site, and then they charge me per head, but without a count until that day, I was told I need to collect it and pay for it all afterwards. Thanks for understanding.
    We have one month. I hope we get a good crowd and have a good time. PLENTY of nature trails/hikes/caches in this area. I have no idea whats the weather on this date, but please plan accordingly, rain or shine! Thanks, hope to see you all there. Again my contact info (best way to reach me is cyrjordan3@hotmail.com through email.)

Also, please check out the directions picture:
    http://img.groundspeak.com/cache/log...df0b8db776.jpg

HMPH !!! I hate when things happen when i gotta work....Hope everyone has fun !!!