vb:literal>

Thread: newbie who wants to work with kids

Default newbie who wants to work with kids

I work with a couple of special needs kids in Scarborough. I looking for some easier one to start out on. I have a GPS and a booklet I am reading about it. How do I search for easy locations in Scarborough?

Mike

Welcome to Geocaching Maine and the addiction that is geocaching!

If you go to the search page on geocaching.com - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/default.aspx

Enter your zip code and change the radius to whatever you desire, then click GO

If you scroll down to the bottom of the list there is a check box for Highlight beginner caches.

You may have to go through a few pages, but some beginner caches should be highlighted in green.

Feel free to ask further questions, some members may know of caches local to you that will stand out for your cause.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We found our first cache in Baxter Woods Park this afternoon. The kids were thrilled! I was , too!

Mike

Congrats on your first. After you've done a few more with your group of kids, I bet our members might be interested in learning some of the hurdles and joys you get from taking these kids caching.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Well I am continuing to geocache with the children. We have also placed two caches of our own and listed them and found several others. This is so great for the kids(and me) It is exercise, it include following direction, interaction between children, and there is a reward(when we find one!).

Quote Originally Posted by m005k View Post
    Well I am continuing to geocache with the children. We have also placed two caches of our own and listed them and found several others. This is so great for the kids(and me) It is exercise, it include following direction, interaction between children, and there is a reward(when we find one!).
    I love the excitement that most kids and families for that matter have for geocaching. I mean what kid doesn't like to find some sort of hidden treasure? I was walking around doing some grocery shopping the other day and noticed a little girl with her mother kept staring at me and whispering to her mother. I didn't realize that I had on a "Got Geocaching" t-shirt on and then it dawned on me. I turned the corner in the aisle and the mother came up to me and asked me if I geocached. Well that was the start of long conversation with her and her daughter about it and they said they would love to do something like that. You should have seen the look of wonderment in the little girls eyes when I was explaining it to her and her mother. Anyway they said they would be creating some unique caching names for themselves and would be looking forward to starting some caching on their own. I can't wait to meet them again and see how they were doing with their caching experiences.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.