vb:literal>

Thread: Rhode Island DeLorme Challenge

Default Rhode Island DeLorme Challenge

Has anyone done the Little Rhody DeLorme Challenge (GCZK7D) by BBWolf+3Pigs
    We are planning a trip down to get it. Looks like an easy one day adventure. I am using bookmark lists by a few other finders as a base. Also plan to grab the oldest cache in RI toward New England's oldest caches challenge. Should be a busy trip.
    Happy Trails!

Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

When are you going? May be interested.

Anniebananie

We did this years ago in February as a day trip (long day though and lots of driving in the dark) from Portland. Team2hunt drove; I navigated; Gob-ler and 1ManTeam helped too. I still have grids that can be used in Mapsource or Google Earth to show the boundaries of the pages. Let me know if you're interested in that file. We also did the Brenton Point cache as the cache for that grid. It's a great spot.

Thanks Barry, I got the grids from the cache page to use as a draw layer on Street Atlas. Plan to do the Brenton Pt cache while we are down there too. Plan to stay down so as not to have that long of a drive on one day. More time for caching too.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by anniebananie View Post
    When are you going? May be interested.

Anniebananie
    This weekend I think. We would like to do your 500 mile challenge cache in Mass too. Time allowed that is.
    Happy Trails!

Heading to Pittsburg, NH and the Connecticut Lakes this weekend. Have a nice time. Brenton Point is very nice.

Anniebananie

Hello Brad,

I completed in in two leisurely half days. My wife was in the area overnight for a conference, so I tagged along. Very nice trail walk to the final location. Made a mistake of going off trail on my way back to the car, I do not recommend it. Thought I would save time, not the case.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Hello Brad,

I completed in in two leisurely half days. My wife was in the area overnight for a conference, so I tagged along. Very nice trail walk to the final location. Made a mistake of going off trail on my way back to the car, I do not recommend it. Thought I would save time, not the case.

Ed
    Thanks Ed, That is what we are planning at this point as well. Not looking to rush, just get it all done and signed while we are down there.
    Happy Trails!

Brad,

One of my favorite caches is on Jamestown Island, The Suspense is Killing Me GCQJ6B. A fun hide that makes you think.

Ed