vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please don't shoot me.....

Default not a good start to the season...

"Warden service investigates shooting of Sebago hunter
    The Maine Warden Service on Sunday was investigating the fatal shooting of a hunter a day earlier.
    Wardens said Peter Kolofsky, 46, of Sebago was wearing hunter orange when he was shot Saturday afternoon. He died at the scene.
    Officials said Kolofsky was shot by William Briggs, 61, of Windham. Both men were deer hunting, but they were not hunting in the same party.
    No summonses had been issued and no charges had been filed Sunday.
    Saturday’s shooting came a day after two other hunting-related shootings in Maine. A New Hampshire man was in critical condition after being shot in the stomach in Casco. In Oxford, a hunter was shot in the lower leg by a friend.
    The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife said Kolofsky was the first hunting fatality in the Maine woods since 2008. Last year, there were seven shooting incidents, all of them involving bird and turkey hunters."

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    "Warden service investigates shooting of Sebago hunter
    The Maine Warden Service on Sunday was investigating the fatal shooting of a hunter a day earlier.
    Wardens said Peter Kolofsky, 46, of Sebago was wearing hunter orange when he was shot Saturday afternoon. He died at the scene.
    Officials said Kolofsky was shot by William Briggs, 61, of Windham. Both men were deer hunting, but they were not hunting in the same party.
    No summonses had been issued and no charges had been filed Sunday.
    Saturday’s shooting came a day after two other hunting-related shootings in Maine. A New Hampshire man was in critical condition after being shot in the stomach in Casco. In Oxford, a hunter was shot in the lower leg by a friend.
    The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife said Kolofsky was the first hunting fatality in the Maine woods since 2008. Last year, there were seven shooting incidents, all of them involving bird and turkey hunters."
    Very worrisome.

I understand someone making a mistake. With weapons it is deadly and I hope for all concerned that this trend stops quick.

Am I right in the belief that there are fewer hunters out in recent years?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Am I right in the belief that there are fewer hunters out in recent years?
    I've seen more out there the couple days I've managed to make it out this year than in several of the last years. I see trucks parked all along the road I take to work most days as well. Food prices may be driving people out there and the herd is decreased in some areas so pickings are thin. Makes for anxious hunters. Anxious hunters make mistakes.

Just heard about another dog being shot. This one was with the owner and under their control. The dog even had a orange bandanna on. There is no excuse for this. This seems like another shooting just to kill something. The book should be thrown at them.

I can't speak to every other hunter . . . but I've found it much easier hunting at night . . . plus not as many hunters out there are apt to shoot me. . . . and yes, I'm kidding.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That sounds like a good idea. The silencers and crossbows are good for that. The thermal imaging cameras are a big help too.