vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Because it's cheaper to build them above ground. Also 25% of electricity cost is spent to "run" peak power plants on standby just so you can go flush the toiled during commercials.
    Every time I use the bathroom the meter really spins. Maybe I shouldn't have the 60" inch TV and the 2500 watt microwave in there....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Every time I use the bathroom the meter really spins. Maybe I shouldn't have the 60" inch TV and the 2500 watt microwave in there....
    You don't turn the light on and don't flush? I don't wanna see your bathroom then. And for everybody else, when you do your bathroom break, check the fridge or what ever during commercials you sure are not alone, it all adds up to a level when a new power plant has to be turned on for this brief period of time to satisfy the demand to prevent blackout.
    Moo

Slam dunk. All the questions have been answered with out a doubt. Since NPR is always wrong then it would be the best thing to bury the power lines.

Been doing some checking along other lines when I was trying to find out why those loops in the lines started showing up and found out, just like global warming, the ten to one cost ratio is a myth. Taking into account for the huge reduction in labor, materials, and maintenance the costs for burying the lines works out to about a nine year plan to pay it off and start saving a big percentage a year.

That of coarse was before taking into account for the advancements in technology. This summer I watched crews bury some kind of water pipe out this way. They didn't dig, they pushed and pulled this line the whole way. Didn't have to dig up drive ways or anything like that. It was amazing how fast it went.

So all we need to do is get the lobbyists out of the way and get the politicians to do the right thing.

Bury the lines and make the birds go find other roosts.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Bury it ?

Tell me how you would bury this:

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post

I'm assuming Ekidokai is focusing more on distribution lines and not really transmission lines and substations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post

Put it in the catbox, let the kitties do the rest.

Forget those nasty copper lines entirely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

(Just kidding, of course. But, in a few years, who knows?)
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Forget those nasty copper lines entirely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

(Just kidding, of course. But, in a few years, who knows?)
    In few years you will have this in your garage floor and under your parking spot to charge your car wirelessly, so you don't need to be bothered with connecting your car to charger manually every time. Also you will charge your cellphone, camera or what ever this way, just leave it all in your bag, put the bag on charging mat on your table and everything in will recharge. Your mouse will charge from mouse pad, so you won't have to care about changing batteries again.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    In few years you will have this in your garage floor and under your parking spot to charge your car wirelessly, so you don't need to be bothered with connecting your car to charger manually every time. Also you will charge your cellphone, camera or what ever this way, just leave it all in your bag, put the bag on charging mat on your table and everything in will recharge. Your mouse will charge from mouse pad, so you won't have to care about changing batteries again.
    And people everywhere with pacemakers will be dropping like flies...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry