vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    And people everywhere with pacemakers will be dropping like flies...
    It will not have any effect on living organisms or another devices. Receiving device will have to be specially made the way to be able to receive this energy.
    Moo

It will not have any effect on living organisms or another devices.
    Isn't that what they said about cellphones too, and look at the contraversy about them yet.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Soylent green are people!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Isn't that what they said about cellphones too, and look at the contraversy about them yet.
    The weight of scientific evidence has not linked cell phones with any health problems, so don't worry you have better chance to die using your car, or just from doing nothing and being fat.
    Moo

I have to agree.

I am fat and I am dieing. I smoke a pipe and cigars and I am dieing. I use a cell phone and I am dieing. I bite my nails and I am dieing. I just farted and that adds to global warming which is killing us all.

The doctors say if I don't stop all this I'll only have about 40 years left!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Wow hate to say this because it has been such a problem for so many, many thousands in Connecticut, went 9 or ten days without power because of this last storm. The weather has been good ever since to boot. How much worse would it be if the wind rain and snow was still going after the one day storm? The news had several crashes disrupting traffic and power to thousands locally.

Underground no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Wow hate to say this because it has been such a problem for so many, many thousands in Connecticut, went 9 or ten days without power because of this last storm. The weather has been good ever since to boot. How much worse would it be if the wind rain and snow was still going after the one day storm? The news had several crashes disrupting traffic and power to thousands locally.

Underground no problem.
    Look at the transmission cost on your electricity bill, now multiply it by 5 or 10, is that what you want to pay for underground cables? It's much cheaper to have a backup generator in your basement.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Look at the transmission cost on your electricity bill, now multiply it by 5 or 10, is that what you want to pay for underground cables? It's much cheaper to have a backup generator in your basement.
    By who's standards? The under ground cable is a bit more expensive now. However when a couple of companies start making it in bulk and fighting each other to sell a lot of it the price will drop drastically.

Burying the lines will be costly to start. No more tree cutting and constantly maintaining equipment exposed to the weather will be a huge savings in a few years.

Labor costs will drop by half as soon as the lines and transformers are installed.

Since hardly any insurance companies get charged for replacing the poles in crashes those costs will drop off to nothing. The cost of poles is crazy. Replacing them is crazy. And just think about all the pole digging and think about all the support wires and cherry pickers and special equipment needed to work on this stuff.

Burying the lines, done right means a huge cost savings in a short time. The people in Connecticut would not have lost the power let along for a week and a half. Roads wont have to be closed off for hours every time a car crashes. Look at all the lives put at risk because that truck caught the over head lines. I just read a 20 million dollar pay out because a man came into contact with a high power line in his driveway that the power company and fire department had left there thinking it was dead.

The false claims of cost increases are ridiculous. The life issues are irrefutable. All that stands in the way are the wacko's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post

The false claims of cost increases are ridiculous. The life issues are irrefutable. All that stands in the way are the wacko's.
    Right, wouldn't want to let science get in the way...did you even read or listen to the link I posted or because it came from NPR you just dismissed it outright? Hmmm, let me see if I can find something from the Drudge Report for you...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    Right, wouldn't want to let science get in the way...did you even read or listen to the link I posted or because it came from NPR you just dismissed it outright? Hmmm, let me see if I can find something from the Drudge Report for you...
    Don't confuse me with the facts!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."