vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C:GEO vs GEOBEAGLE is geobeagle's coordnates more in line with geocaching.com?

Default C:GEO vs GEOBEAGLE is geobeagle's coordnates more in line with geocaching.com?

After useing C:GEO this past week and being a couple of hundred feet from every geocache. Found that the coordnates are not the same ones listed in Geocaching.com some off on the lat some on the long. axis and not the same distance (up to 200 ft.). I was lucky enough to have done a couple of geocaches in Mass that the hints helped me find at least two. I still need a free app and after a little research it sounds like GEOBEAGLE might be better. has anyone tried it and do they know if it is any better than C:GEO at at least giving you the same coordates for the GPSr as geocaching .com. my [phone was dead on with my garmin as far as taking me to the same location. but I was putting in the Coordates from C:GEO so they were both taking me to the wrong location. (OK I now know that in this situation I need to go to ground Zero and start searching in a circle 250 ft in each direction, but a couple of weeks ago at Ft. Point state park that starting point was 84 meters out in the middle of the river/bay.)

Are you saying that C:GEO is not giving you the correct coordinates from the GC web site? It should be giving you the same coordinates because what it actually does is log into GC as you and get the info.
    Blazing Troll

I've used c:geo some and it's as accurate as a phone is going to be.
    Happy Trails!

does this mean garmin will be making phones soon??
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I thought it was the phone that was off with the locations, so I took the coordates listed on C:GEO and manually put the into my GPSr and they took me to the exact same ground zero. It made me think (scary <me thinking) so yesterday I went onto both at home and when comparing two seperate geocache locations one was off on the N axis and the other one was off on the W axis. if it was the same I was thinking I could just correct for it but with it being random I will not know which one or how much to correct. I did Horizantal hemlock and the other one near it in kents hills by the cemetary. less than 2 miles apart but neither match up with geocaching.com.

if you are getting wrong coordinates, it might be a bug in c:geo or geocaching.com is feeding wrong coordinates on purpose since it's competitors product and they can't compete with them another way (price, quality...)
    Moo

Not sure who it is but one was off by 00' 00.019 N and the other was 00' 00.027 W so either way you will never know. right now it looks like in those situations when I want to geocache and nothing is loaded from that area I will slow down and actually log into geocaching.com via the google app.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    NAH........ samsung will be making GPSr's maybe.

Not sure why you ask, but... garmin has already gone there and failed

List of Garmin cell phones

Name OS Release Date Availability
    nuvifone G60 Proprietary (Linux) October 4, 2009 US(AT&T)
    asus Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Asia/Europe
    nuvifone M10 Windows Mobile 6.5 Asia/Europe
    nuvifone M20 Windows Mobile 6.1 Asia/Europe
    nuvifone A10 Android 1.6/2.1 Eclair Asia/Europe
    nuvifone A50/Garminfone Android 1.6/2.1 Eclair (update) June 9, 2010 US(T-Mobile)

I know someone who worked at T-Mobile so I actually got to see the Garmin Phone. It came with a window mount to charge it and use it as a car GPSr. It was actually pretty nice. The accuracy seemed OK but it would lose signal under the trees. I don't know what ever happened with it though.