vb:literal>

Thread: Power Trails/ET Nevada trail

Default Power Trails/ET Nevada trail

There was a post recently on the GGA website here in Georgia about the ET power trail and how it affected the business owners in the area in Nevada where it is located. Apparently it was deactivated for a while until a few business owners along the trail had their businesses really affected by the closing down of the cache trail and they appealed to the DOT and had it reactivated once again with some of the more traffic dangerous ones along the trail being moved to a more safer area. I have included a video about it but was more interested in maybe anyone, including Mike Marino's input, as to what if any impact the power trail in the North Maine woods had on any of those businesses in that area. Has anyone's business been impacted because of this power trail? Just curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXljGk3oTg
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'd think by sheer volume (12 times the finds of the SMR series) the business the ET series generates would have to be significantly more. Bringing people of any group most likely will generate some business though, which is always good. If someone was smart maybe they'd start a tire, gas, and food business halfway down the SMR. It'd be popular with ATVers and snomobilers too. But who would want to drive out there every day to work?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'd think by sheer volume (12 times the finds of the SMR series) the business the ET series generates would have to be significantly more. Bringing people of any group most likely will generate some business though, which is always good. If someone was smart maybe they'd start a tire, gas, and food business halfway down the SMR. It'd be popular with ATVers and snomobilers too. But who would want to drive out there every day to work?
    I thought you would do anything for a buck?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

The Airline Snack Bar was the first to contact me. ( half way down the Airline ) They didn't understand what it was all about. They just kept hearing groups talking about it. There is a cacher that works out in one of the gas stations in Princeton and she says she noticed some groups.

Out here the hotels and and campgrounds just would not know about where the business is coming from. The cachers would seem like just another group to most. Besides that, there are a lot more places to stay and get supplies out here from what I am reading about out there.

The opportunity to get 10 times the caches will be a bigger draw out there. From what I have been reading the groups are bigger and make themselves known out there.

To sum it up, yes the business has been better but I don't think any would notice.

I have said this many times before, I never thought any of the cachers would get found more than three or four times a year. It was all done to say thank you to all the cachers that had put so much into this grand adventure and get people out into a stretch of woods with very good roads and not get lost. I was naive and still pretty new at that time. I still have not found more than about 20 caches in a day and still very surprised as to how many people have contacted me about the SMR and the numbers they claim.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.