vb:literal>

Thread: addoption and find's.

Default addoption and find's.

I am just wondering about something I noticed a few day's ago while reading logs on Geocaches I plan to go for but I do not want to use any names. Is it normal for lacky 'A' to hide a geocache and lacky 'B' found it then shortly later 'B' addopt's the geocache and 'A' then list it as a find. isn't that still the same as logging a find on your own hides? I guess if numbers are your thing it's OK but seems like just jacking up your numbers to me. is this a normal thing to do?

Not how I personally play the game but to each his own I guess. Was this here in Maine? I have heard a few different ways that people jack up their numbers, but this is a new one.
    Happy Trails!

Haven't heard of that. Seems lame to me.

I discovered something spending time in the mid west. Went to a few events. One I attended had several event caches. Caches placed just for the event and not listed on GC. After there was a gathering in a local eatery. At the after party I asked why several of them had listed the event several times as attended? I was told they posted an attended for each event cache they found. Was also told that many of the events out there had 100 event caches.

Now I know why that strange terminology distinct and unique is used when listing finds.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

This does seem a bit odd, but unless these people have done it on several caches it is hard to think it is about the numbers. Another guess is perhaps the original placer logged a finds on the caches to take it off their closest and/or unfound cache list. Which IMO is still not the best practice, that is one of the reasons the capability of ignoring a cache was created.

As far as multiple logging of events, I have seen several examples of this, and am glad we have not taken that route here locally. I think practices like this cheapen the game and make us cachers look like a bunch of idiots. Personally, I wish events were counted separately and had their own set of numbers that do not count towards cache count, like benchmarks. I would not be surprised if Groundpeak wishes they had done the same, but too many people would be upset if they changed it now.
    Last edited by brdad; 12-21-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

When I was working on the alpha numeric challenge I did notice what appeared to be the same pattern.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

sorry been working the past couple of nights and not able to get back. both folks are from here in Maine and I do not want to say their names because I have seen both with entries here in the forums before. but one has over 1000 finds with this being the FTF which is what caught my atention at first. FTF was the cache owner (addopter) and when looking at logs the original owner with over 2000 finds say's something like, I hid it I can find it. ( I wonder if they signed the log) while I like numbers I also like the quality of spending the day out with Geo-pooch and my better half when she comes with us.

I ask this... are the hides any good? I don't really care how they are screwing around.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I'm not sure this will be my first time heading over in that direction. They have a lot so they must be.

ANd they are not all micro's and nano's. hahaha Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Geocaching for the year to come.