Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: Wireless Hotspots in Maine

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Default Hotspots

    Hi,

    I also use hotspots while traveling or caching so please let me know when the list is up or if you need some of them checked, I would be more than happy to check some out.

    Also I know of a few other ones that I can confirm.

    Eggspectation in South Portland - Is advertised and have used.
    Pannerra Bread in South Portland - Is advertised, will need to check

    There is one in the Maine Mall food court but I am not sure where.

    I will check to see if I can find anymore that Road Runner may have or any others that I can think of. Let me know if you want me to check any

    Robt

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robt

    I will check to see if I can find anymore that Road Runner may have or any others that I can think of. Let me know if you want me to check any

    Robt
    Keep in mind that any WiFi hotspots we list must be FREE and PUBLIC. As RoadRunner is a commercial ISP, do they offer FREE PUBLIC WiFi hotspots

    (Well, we CAN list the pay-per-use hotspots. Like those McDonalds locations that have WiFI - you have to pay and be registered to use them...)

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Keep in mind that any WiFi hotspots we list must be FREE and PUBLIC. As RoadRunner is a commercial ISP, do they offer FREE PUBLIC WiFi hotspots

    (Well, we CAN list the pay-per-use hotspots. Like those McDonalds locations that have WiFI - you have to pay and be registered to use them...)
    A company placed some open RoadRunner hotspots in about 5 locations around portland for RoadRunner, but I can not find out where they all where or if any of them are still in operation. Theese Hotspots are / were Free and open from what I have been told. Other than that I can get very little and very sketchy info on this subject.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    124

    Default hotspots in maine

    super shoe is good spot in skowhegan
    and the high school

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Jay and Houlton, Maine
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Does anyone know if there are any "hotspots" in or near Topsfield?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    Does anyone know if there are any "hotspots" in or near Topsfield?
    Do they have internet near topsfield?? I thought they just got their first powerlines last week...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    Does anyone know if there are any "hotspots" in or near Topsfield?
    No "free, public" ones that I know of.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    124

    Default wireless

    is someone making a list u can add the town office in norridgewock

    the ones i list are the ones u can sit in the car and use and that i have connected with

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Jay and Houlton, Maine
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Do they have internet near topsfield?? I thought they just got their first powerlines last week...
    I don't know about internet, but I am getting a phone line in two weeks!
    My husband said no phone or computer at camp so I was hoping I could find a "hot spot" to sneak to when he was out fishing, but after some heavy duty persuasion, he relented and said I could get a phone line put in! I wasn't about to go to camp for two months without a computer! Talk about withdrawals....

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    I don't know about internet, but I am getting a phone line in two weeks!
    My husband said no phone or computer at camp so I was hoping I could find a "hot spot" to sneak to when he was out fishing, but after some heavy duty persuasion, he relented and said I could get a phone line put in! I wasn't about to go to camp for two months without a computer! Talk about withdrawals....
    i would say you could use smoke signals, but they're not givin out permits yet... too dry..
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Hotspot!
    By WhereRWe? in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •