vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Month Groundspeak Ban EXPIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Chad banned? Why am I not surprised. I think that you do have to speak your mind if you think someone is not being objective when they are in a position of "authority" like a publisher. There is always an element of favoritism sometimes. I have been banned from sites for ASKING too many questions about certain people, ( those that remember my involvement with sledmaine.com remember this). But as Maniac stated: Is it worth it to be the antagonist? In the end did you win your fight? Just enjoy geocaching and leave the politics to the hacks in DC/Augusta.

I agree to certain extent. I think there's a difference between asking honest questions and being inflammatory just to get a rise out of people. I've never met the guy, but I have read a lot of his comments on here before I got tired of the girl drama and blocked them. One of the nice parts of current geocaching is the plethora of caches out there. I can go out, have fun, find hides and support cachers that I think are in it for the love of the game and outdoors. I work in a high school, thank goodness I don't have to cache with a freshman mentality.

By the way, I still feel terrible for being the last person to drop of some of your coins that disappeared a few years ago. Maybe Karma has caught up and I've written them a ticket.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Girl drama? Oh come off it..... sound's sexist. And I'm not even a female!

All I have to say, is that MainePublisher and I have put our past behind us, and we have moved forward and I thank TAT for his part in doing what he did for me recently.

Now.... I did come on here tonight to post something.... which maybe considered "drama" but I am actually yawning.... been caching all day. I guess it will have to wait for tomorrow....

Goodnight!

Chad banned? Why am I not surprised. I think that you do have to speak your mind if you think someone is not being objective when they are in a position of "authority" like a publisher. There is always an element of favoritism sometimes. I have been banned from sites for ASKING too many questions about certain people, ( those that remember my involvement with sledmaine.com remember this). But as Maniac stated: Is it worth it to be the antagonist? In the end did you win your fight? Just enjoy geocaching and leave the politics to the hacks in DC/Augusta.
    Oh EH . . . was it the kids that changed you? I used to remember your rants against your favorite person in the whole wide world . . . RQ's best buddy. The funny thing is . . . folks still remember you there and occasionally mention wishing you were back . . . I never minded your posts . . . honestly most seemed pretty straight forward . . . just one's opinion. Never could figure out why speaking your mind in the way you did got you banned. I will say though . . . you really do seem to have mellowed a bit over the years . . . perhaps it was having two daughters! I feel for you . . . you are way outnumbered now.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I just realized getting all wound up over some computer idiots was probably not good for my blood pressure! Funny how that Millinocket thing all worked out. Simply put I got banned because I criticized one of Sledmaine.com biggest sponsors. MONEY! And as we all found out later that guy was the SCUM BAG we were told he was. I wish I could be back there but I am still banned to this day. What was that like 8 years ago now or something? What really made me angry was the sites owners/admin LOVED the ratings I got them and were all grins when I would see them in person. UNTIL I made some comments about that particular sponsor that was backdooring the entire sledding community with Roxeanne. Then they turned downright ugly. Nice guys. No warnings. Nothing. I was just asking some questions from the people that were discussing the issue and I think we ALL got banned. Dont question discussion board authorities I guess.

Where the hell is that thing?

I just realized getting all wound up over some computer idiots was probably not good for my blood pressure! Funny how that Millinocket thing all worked out. Simply put I got banned because I criticized one of Sledmaine.com biggest sponsors. MONEY! And as we all found out later that guy was the SCUM BAG we were told he was. I wish I could be back there but I am still banned to this day. What was that like 8 years ago now or something? What really made me angry was the sites owners/admin LOVED the ratings I got them and were all grins when I would see them in person. UNTIL I made some comments about that particular sponsor that was backdooring the entire sledding community with Roxeanne. Then they turned downright ugly. Nice guys. No warnings. Nothing. I was just asking some questions from the people that were discussing the issue and I think we ALL got banned. Dont question discussion board authorities I guess.
    I think it depends on the BBS . . . a woodstove forum that I am on is very easy going with most folks . . . I only know of one or two folks that have been banned . . . and the owner is a wicked nice guy . . . very easy going . . . very liberal . . . yet he still welcomes differences of opinion if folks are civil.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

With most BBS you would be right and the owner is a wicked nice guy . . . very easy going . . . very liberal . . . yet he still welcomes differences of opinion if folks are civil.
    But those guys were taking their marching orders from the pocket book and the legal threats of a certain Ex-Millinocket councilman who was a business sponsor of their site.

Where the hell is that thing?