3 25.00%
  • Don't have a kayak

2 16.67%
  • I am not interested

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayak kache event

Default Kayak kache event

wbdent We have been debating on another cache event already. This event would be an overnighter kayak trip to one of the Maine islands. After talking to people at this past cache event we think that Jewell Island would be a good choice. We have come up with two dates of when we could host the event. The dates are July 23 - 24 and August 20 – 21.

wbdent We would like some feedback from others that are interested in attending this event. I know we had about 8 people interested in doing this. So hopefully those same 8 people and more will reply to this thread. This event does not have to be on Jewell Island. We picked that one because that is the one everyone seemed interested in. If there is another one then please suggest it.

wbdent We also need some information on where we can park and put our kayaks in at. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let us know. We want to put in as close as possible to the island to make the trip fairly short.\
    Blazing Troll

Talking Kayak event

The July weekend for me is out, but the August I'm on vacation and is ok. What about the ones without a kayak? Can we meet on land somewhere, maybe another island and more people, can participate? There are a few caches out there. Then we launch and have the overnight. Maybe even convert a few to the sport of kayaking. Great idea. I'm in and maybe by then my navigator too.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

d’76 Guest

Team2Hunt,

Did I here you say that you thought about doing island caches with a wave runner. Could those be used in the ocean. I would recommend any means of watercraft for this event. I think at least on person should have a powered watercraft in the event some one gets hurt and needs top get out in a hurry. I have one spare kayak.

Dave1976

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Team2Hunt,

Did I here you say that you thought about doing island caches with a wave runner. Could those be used in the ocean.

Dave1976
    The team loves the water, and ALL it's sports. We have both. And can come up with an extra kayak. You can put the watercaft in the salt water, but I'd hate to.We'll kayak,safely.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Kayak kache event

wbdent We have been debating on another cache event already. This event would be an overnighter kayak trip to one of the Maine islands. After talking to people at this past cache event we think that Jewell Island would be a good choice. We have come up with two dates of when we could host the event. The dates are July 23 - 24 and August 20 – 21.

wbdent We would like some feedback from others that are interested in attending this event. I know we had about 8 people interested in doing this. So hopefully those same 8 people and more will reply to this thread. This event does not have to be on Jewell Island. We picked that one because that is the one everyone seemed interested in. If there is another one then please suggest it.

wbdent We also need some information on where we can park and put our kayaks in at. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let us know. We want to put in as close as possible to the island to make the trip fairly short.
    Blazing Troll

Default Great area!

Though I don't kayak, I must say that I know from many friends that the paddle to Jewell is a great trip. AND get this............ you will paddle right by Long Island on the way!!! I have two caches there and there is another on Little Chebeague which is also close to Jewell, another at Fort Gorgeous and one on Peaks Island. If the timing is right, perhaps you could take a break at Long Island for my caches and I could meet you with some treats and cool beverages!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

would love to... no kayak... if I could go with someone I'd be in...

Lefty

I turned this into a poll also so if you go to the top of the thread then you can vote.
    Blazing Troll

I can go on either weekend.

East Beach is a great place to launch, but I don't think they allow overnight parking at the launch.

It would be a very good idea to leave early in the morning, both on the to and from the island as the Casco Bay gets very crouded on the week ends in summer. The winds are also usually calmer in the morning.

Cant vote in the pole.