vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Kayak kache event 2005

Unhappy PQs for coastal area needed.

Hey, would anyone be willing to email us a copy of their PQs for the coastal area? We just re-upped our premium membership this afternoon, but geocaching.com says it will take a full business day to update our account, so we can't get PQs for the trip tomorrow. Thanks!

Michael

mecompco@adelphia.net

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Here is the email I have been sending to everyone. Here is a listing from the web site of people who have replied that are coming so far:

Team Min Dawg = ?
    Ordinaryshark = ?
    haffy6 = non kayaker
    mainiac1957 = kayaker (1)
    Team2hunt = ?
    cameoooooo = non kayaker
    mbhhholm = unsure if coming
    Sudonim = kayaker (1)
    TAT = kayaker (1)
    Blazing Trolls = kayaker (2)
    You can add pedalchick to the list of kayakers too

Man you would not believe the luck I have had all week. I got my truck fixed after sweeting it down to the last minute. The brakes were bad. The mechanics replace all the calipers. So I drove it home and parked it. I got off work early tonight so I took the truck down to the gas station to get it full of gas and have everything ready to go in the morning. Well at the first intersection I lost my brakes. Thank god no one was going through the intersection. I made it to the gas station and filled up and was hoping it was something simple. So when I get home I see that the right brake is leaking fluid so I take the brakes apart and find where they broke a piece of the cylinder off in the caliper (the plunger) and it was leaking all over.

It is not 9:20 at night and I have no where to get parts for the brakes. If I could get parts I could fix it myself like I should have done in the first place. So now I am stuck going tomorrow without brining my kayaks. Man am I upset. We were really looking forward to this. We are still coming though.
    Is there anyone coming by my way that can pick up a kayak or two. Please.
    Blazing Troll

Talk to T2h maybe he can give you a hand.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Bummer

Strap them on the roof of Donna's car.
    Happy Trails!

Ok we have come up with and an alturnitive. I am borrowing a friends car with a rack on top that will fit one kayak. So one of use will be without a kayak. So if anyone is passing our way still and has room for one kayka let me know real quick.
    Blazing Troll

Wow. What a great weekend. We did not see a lot of sun but the weather was cooperative and nice. The kayak trip was awesome. There were 9 of us in kayaks and I can not speak for everyone but I had a great time. I saw a bunch of islands for possible kayak events in the future. I think I would like to have a overnight kayak trip on one of the islands.

I though Tat was a great kayakers they way he talked but we found out different when he could not hold on to his lunch. LOL. Sorry Tat.

Andy, loved Kim she is a great sport for putting up with us for the weekend and enjoyed her company. Bring here any time you want.

Cameoooooo you are one pratical joker aren't you. We all owe you one. This will be talked about for a long time.
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up Great event

You can speak for me. I had a GREAT time. You pick the island and I'm in. And I can guess who the other 8 will be. Met some new people. Ordinaryshark, there's a neat story to this. Hope you put it on the site. The thread for how we all came up with our names. Some of the stories I will be telling didn't even happen AT the event. Ha Rick. Directions or not, we made it. I know I had a hand in the mistakes. Wait til you hear what happened on the way home. Maybe Ordinaryshark should be the one to tell that story. This has be to an annual event. Kayak Kache N Jet Ski event 06. Thanks Rick.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

This was an awesome weekend! The weather gave us doubts, but it was all good in the end. The kayaking was great, and so was the company. Glad that the non-kayakers could meet us for more caching and the BBQ too. I'd be up for an annual event here too. Thanks Rick and Donna, and thanks to Becky for all the great new caches in the area.

Default More to come...

I'll write some more, hopefully get my kayak "experience" in better "perspective"! Thanks for putting on the event, it was a blast.