vb:literal>

Thread: Thank you Maine Publisher

Default Thank you Maine Publisher

Just wanted to send a thank you out to Maine Publisher for all the hours of reviewing and getting caches out for us. Thanks also to everyone behind the scenes keeping this site up. Good job everyone. We sure have had a good time since we discovered geocaching. I must thank Circles for getting me started and getting us to explore places near and far. How did you discover geocaching??
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I would certainly like to echo the thank you expressed by Waterski. JustPJ66 (Pam) and I got started when her brother RCWhit (Bob and his wife Cathy) showed us the game. We've really enjoyed exploring areas we wouldn't have gone to if it hadn't been for geocaching. We both appreciate the time and effort TAT has donated to the sport.

I was introduced to the addiction by a friend of Heidi's who said it was a good way to find Hiking trails. That was an understatement, Geocaching has shown me new hiking trails , Waterfalls throughout the state not listed any where else, shown me local historic sites and allowed me to see things I have driven withein a few miles of that I had no Idea was there ( Little Pink Church), and shown me haw to get to things I had heard of but could not find otherwise ( WWII pow camp). Thanks Reny.
    Thanks TAT for answering all of my crazy questions as I have been learning the Game for the past couple of years.

Thanks TAT! I really appreciate all the hours you put in reviewing our caches. You were awesome when we put out the Power Ranger run on April Fool's day in 2010. As for how I got started.....I had read about caching and found a good deal on a PN-40. I am so glad I did because being a flat-lander I would have never known about all the wonderful trails and sights that I have seen here. I think the reason caching is so good is because it is like having a local guide for where ever it is you are going. The folks publishing caches are taking you to a place that they know and have found to be worth visiting.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

I especially want to convey my gratitude to Tat for the time and effort dedicated to this adventure we all enjoy.

I say especially because one day out of the blue I dropped 125 caches in his lap and he didn't say a peep. I really expected to have him sneak up behind me one day a boink me on the head.

I started out one day when a mostly naked girl came up to me on a beach and asked me to help her find a hidden treasure. It has been a really fun adventure ever since.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thanks for all the kind comments! In 2001, I was trying to remember the trail that some friends and I rode in 2000. I couldn't even remember the town where the trail was let alone the trail head. So, I bought a Garmin GPS III+ and kept in my backpack while riding. I began caching 10 years ago after reading this post on a kayak building site: http://www.kayakforum.com/cgi-bin/Bu...l?review=57393 Geocaching seemed to be a great way to really learn how to use a gps and what can go wrong. I was hooked that day!
    I've been a reviewer for 4 years now and I've enjoyed seeing the new places everyone keeps finding.

Thanks to everyone for all the great caches you've placed!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Thank you TAT

wow - that is a lot of caches published in 4 years! Thanks for all your help!

Looking at my database, Maine publisher has published 5823 Maine caches. That's an average of just under 4 caches per day.
    He's also archived at least 558 caches, about an average of one every 2.6 days.

The first caches I have showing in my database that he published are
    A Frost Poem (Traditional)(Regular) (GC18T5R) by Mapachi (1.5/2) and Rines and Shine (Traditional)(Small) (GC18THW) by 3piedras (1/3) on 1/22/2008.

I probably am missing several logs, so don't take these stats as exact, but they should be close.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."