vb:literal>

Thread: Favorite geocache

Default Favorite geocache

Hello,

My name is Mike.

I am working on a film that includes a fair amount of geo-caching. I am looking for brief stories about what your favorite caching story, favorite place to go, favorite cache you ever found etc..

I am also interested in why you cache. Any info you provide would be a great help.

If interested you can see what the film is about here.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Mike

The best story that comes to what little mind I have left is a trip up to the top of one of the mountains along Rt. 9. When I got there I had a terrible time finding the cache. When I did I also had a hard time opening it. The container is a tall round tin can and of course it was rusted. I like to look at the logs books to see what people write. This one had a particular wonderful story. The log started out with two names and said "we are not cachers but we found it anyway". It continued that one was 80 and the other 85. This had been a favorite successful hunting spot for 50 years and this was definitely the last trip after many years not being able to make the trip. A last hora. It went on for a little bit and warmed my heart. What a fantastic find.

The first cache is usually the best one for most. The first got me hooked. Some say it's a game, I say it's an adventure. The secret agent or secret society aspect of this adventure is what I like the most. To be able to find a hidden treasure placed in a spot that people pass by oblivious to most is a big thrill.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

That's great. Thank you for sharing. Yes it is discovery and adventure for sure.