vb:literal>

Thread: Seasonal Cache placement(s)

Default Seasonal Cache placement(s)

I am seeking any information I can get regarding the placement of seasonal caches.
    In particular, I am asking because I am thinking about placing a cache by my step-daughter's Ice Cream stand. She will be opening in mid-may and run till early fall.
    Are there any special rules regarding this type of cache or are they not allowed at all?
    Thanks for any thoughts or guidance that is offered.

Why not just leave it there all the time?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I agree, if it's outside the stand leave it accessible all year if possible. Having access/permission to the property allows you extra variety in a cache, like attaching it to the building or something else that is unique!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

If it is concerns over plowing just put something into the description. We can deal with terrain changes easily.

I have one that is disabled in the winter months. The area is gated off. Didn't think about that when I put it out but it has worked out.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I have one I take in for the winter because it is underwater and I don't want it to be frozen in place. Warm as it's getting, I'll soon be able to put it back out.

I guess I could keep it out year round. My only concern regarding that would be travelling to it for any required maintenance. I can cross that bridge when or if that becomes an issue.
    Thank you for the response(s).

Quote Originally Posted by blewis View Post
    I guess I could keep it out year round. My only concern regarding that would be travelling to it for any required maintenance. I can cross that bridge when or if that becomes an issue.
    Thank you for the response(s).
    I would suggest contacting a local cacher in the area and ask if they could help you out in the event the cache needed any type of maintenance if you couldn't do it for a while. It happens all the time and cachers are known to help each other out in times of need.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.