vb:literal>

Thread: Notebook screen glare solution

Hybrid View

Default Notebook screen glare solution

Picked up a small HP notebook for geocaching. Works slick except for the screen which is so shiny it is like a mirror. Makes seeing things a bit hard in sunlight. Night should be a snap

Staples had only framed glare protector screens that fit over a desktop monitor. Online research shows way too many choices for a film type glare prevention. Don't have a clue what is good/bad cheap/expensive. Has anyone ever used a glare protector on a notebook? URL suggestions would be appreciated.

Anne / TwoMaineiacs
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMaineiacs
    Picked up a small HP notebook for geocaching. Works slick except for the screen which is so shiny it is like a mirror. Makes seeing things a bit hard in sunlight. Night should be a snap

Staples had only framed glare protector screens that fit over a desktop monitor. Online research shows way too many choices for a film type glare prevention. Don't have a clue what is good/bad cheap/expensive. Has anyone ever used a glare protector on a notebook? URL suggestions would be appreciated.

Anne / TwoMaineiacs
    We usually pull over under the trees when we need to get online. LOL!

But I see that eBay has them for between $15 and $18. I may get one just to try it. We're REALLY plagued with unreadable screens most of the time.

It's fun watching the GPS real time live tracking the vehicle on the Delorme Street Atlas Map. However the notebook screen is so reflective, mirror like, hard to see. Stopping is always an option but that would add a bit of travel time to the day.

Will check out Ebay. Thought maybe some one else had had the problem and knew a product name that might work.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

d’76 Guest

If you guys are spending all that time watching the screen.... Who's paying attention to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    If you guys are spending all that time watching the screen.... Who's paying attention to the road.
    Well, lets look at it this way. Using the laptop will be a lot safer. I currently watch the GPS constantly - the GPSMap 60c has a great color display and is real easy to see - but the screen is WAY smaller than the laptop. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    The Co-pilot...of course!

d’76 Guest

Yah, I know the co-pilot. The little woman gets excited once and awhile when she sees the trees getting closer and closer. If you have the GPS mounted in the dash usually you can see around the screen and see shapes getting closer before you hit them.

The on coming traffic is another question. They get real excited when they see a truck in there lane. I wonder how many times it has happened that we don't even know about while we are checking our screen.

Gee you guys have it good. My co pilot is legally blind, so we pull over alot to check our gps. But if I get the GPS right he is usually the one to find it. (He does have some sight.) We do not do more then a 3 star trail. He will be leaving soon to return to NJ.and I will have to find a new co pilot or do the skowhegan walk about the city types. I am looking forward to planting my first hide soon.