vb:literal>

Thread: Meet and Greet Events

Default Meet and Greet Events

Hello Everyone, I have a number of friends coming up for the International Earthcache event. I am interested in hosting a meet n greet on the Saturday before the event. Is there anyone else thinking about doing events before or after? Anyone interested in co-hosting?

A meet and greet would be a greet would be a fine idea. Plan to have a fairly large number of attendees. So pick a venue that won't be overwhelmed. We talked about this the other night. Depending where you have it you may get up to or even over 100+.
    Happy Trails!

I was looking into doing something too. An after the event type of thing. Plans keep falling through so I give up. The big thing was getting a place that would invite that many people in all at once.

100 I think is a very conservative number.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I have started talking with the Manger of the Applebees here in Portland. This is a favorite spot for PA events and we have always had wonderful luck working with their managers. I will keep everyone up to date with what I find out. Please feel free to shoot out any ideas that you have.

-M

cool - you know I'm happy to help...but I wouldn't worry about trying to accomodate everyone....there may be multiple events that can deal with a variety of crowd sizes...I know of events that can only deal with a certain amount of people and have waiting lists...

Thanks Jim, I'll keep you in mind.

-M