vb:literal>

Thread: Whats the longest stretch of time you have gone w/o caching

Default Whats the longest stretch of time you have gone w/o caching

Just wondering if others have gone on sabbaticals as it were? I havent been very active over the last 2 years or so. The little one is almost 3 and I think would now start to enjoy caching. I think it might be time for me to come out of hibernation. What is the longest anyone has gone with out caching on a regular basis?

Where the hell is that thing?

It's interesting you ask this. Lee and I decided last summer to do the 366 challenge and soon after decided to do the 100 day in a row challenge, since we were already caching most every day anyway. Partway through we decided to continue our streak to 173 days which would equal the number of days in our longest slump. The real strange part is only a few days before we ended our 173 day streak, we realized that our longest slump as well as our longest streak started on the same calendar day of the year, September 23rd.

So, the answer for us is 173 days. I have had to pause my caching a few other times but I have always kept aware of current geocaching happenings via the Maine and national forums and the national chat since I started caching.

I think caching is a great activity for kids, welcome back and hope to see you on the trail.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Cool 106 Days

That was my longest dry spell. Way back in 2003. Funny part is that it ended on Feb 29th, 2004. So I had grabbed a leap year cache back then before any of the 366 day challenges were even thought of. It just too me to last May to finally fill in all those days. Since that time I don't think I gone more than a few weeks with out grabbing a cache. Maybe there is a macro for that, Dave?
    Happy Trails!

I didn't find a stand-alone macro, but there is a plug in for the find stats macro that'll give you some stats on both your streak and slump stats.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?show...0&#entry157785

I just ran it on my stats and it was interesting. You can see the results down to the bottom of the stats on my profile page at http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=61905.

I was surprised my longest streak prior to doing 173 days was only 8 days!
    I also have many slumps of a month or more, and one nearly as much of my max of 173 which is a 146 day slump.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I haven't really counted it as days, but 2010 was one of my best years, then somehow in 2011 I stopped nearly completely. I am working to getting back into it now. I still have the love and the desire, but time has been an issue.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

41 days according to my Groundspeak Stats.... on a streak right now though!

142 days back in 2008-2009 . . . money was tight and I was a little burned out from caching.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

23 days starting 11/6/2005. Started caching in 2004.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I wonder how gas prices affect the average cacher. I know I probably will me. Not so many trips for sure.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    I wonder how gas prices affect the average cacher. I know I probably will me. Not so many trips for sure.
    We traded our Dodge Caravan in last year on a Toyota Yaris. We traded room and comfort for mileage. We certainly miss the space we had in that van but the 35+ MPG we get with the Yaris over-rides that by such a large margin it isn't funny. Still, we have to be careful what we do.