vb:literal>

Thread: How do I know??

Question How do I know??

How do I know I am not putting a cache where there is already one? I can not tell by the names of them and don't want to search all of them. And you can't really tell where they are by the "Maine geocache map locations" in the tools.

Brianbo

You can do search on GC by zip code and that will help a little. If you have mapping sopftware then there are ways to put all the coordinates into the maping software for all the caches in the area where you want to put a cache. This way you can see if there is one in that spot or close to where you are thinking of putting one. But if you don't have any software then the only way I can think of is by searching the zip code and looking at each cache listed.

If there is a cache in that same area and you place one then it will not get approved by GC. Then you will have to go back and removed it. That is a chance you when you place with any cache. But if you place it right and follow the cache placement guidelines then you should not have a problem.

If you want you can PM me the coordinates and I can let you know if there is a cache in that spot.
    Blazing Troll

Dont forget you can search Geocaching.com by lat and long. If you put in the coords that you want to use it will give you all the nearest caches with the distance.

A house is not a home without a cat.

d’76 Guest

I keep a file on mapsource that is called geocaches. I load all my caches to my gps then from the gps I load them in to mapsource then you can see them all. It also helps that way if you want to go on a caching spree you can see where the largest population of caches are.

Also I just notice that you have a 60c, why don't you upload your pq and then go to place the cache and then do a "find geocache" that will tell you exactly how close the nearest cache is or you could just look at the mapping screen on the gps

Last edited by d’76; 07-20-2005 at 03:22 PM.

Brian, it's real easy, become a premium member then use the map feature. You can zoom in to any area in the country. Zoom in to the general area that you want to place a cache and you'll know right away if there are any caches in that area. Real simple, and only 30 buckroos a year. It's a steal. John