vb:literal>

Thread: Need a GSAK Macro..... help please?

Hybrid View

Default Need a GSAK Macro..... help please?

Okay guys, I need a GSAK macro for a trip I am taking soon with another cacher. I need a Macro that will eliminate caches in my database that the other cacher has found. Does such a macro exist? Thanks in advance.... much appreciated

I know there used to be one... Can't seem to find it right now.
    Happy Trails!

CompareDBs.gsk

This one works but because for your intentions it would violate gc.com's TOU, you may want to use the second one. I recommend using the "set user flags" option at least until you verify you get the results you want. I've been bit by the move/delete option before. You can always filter for or delete the flagged or unflagged caches afterward.

GroupCaching.gsk

This one is nice because it will work with multiple cachers, but requires each of those cachers to use the macro to export a text file of their finds, which stays within the TOUs. Once you have the text file from the other user(s), you can use the macro to compare those caches to your database.

You can also use the gc.com API access in GSAK to download caches in up to a 31.1 mile radius that up to 5 cachers have not found. This would work great for a single city or other area. While the search area is limited, you're allowed 6000 caches per day using this method and you don't use up your PQs. http://gsak.net/help/hs46000.htm
    Last edited by brdad; 04-04-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Great! Thanks guys for your help.... I'll see if I can get it to work!

By the way, how does it violate Groundspeak's terms?

From the Waypoint License Agreement:

• Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.
    Which basically means you can't share a PQ or the caches in it with any other user. Yet, it's acceptable to share a list of all the GC codes in your database with someone else.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

See I knew there was a macro option for this problem. And I also knew that Dave would have an answer....
    Happy Trails!

I suspected that brdad would have an option or two as well! I am working with them now in GSAK.

On a somewhat related topic, I now have set up in my Delorme TOPO 9.0 software, a draw layer of the Delorme Atlas Map Grids. I was able to save it as a map file and transfer over as a layer onto my PN-60w. It's pretty slick. There is a thread on the Delorme Forum that has links to the overlays for each State's grids. So right on my GPS now, I can see what grid a cache is in! Gonna come in handy tomorrow and Friday!