vb:literal>

Thread: FTF Fairyetale Round 2

Hybrid View

Default FTF Fairyetale Round 2

Went to comment on brdad's comment in the thread and boom.... it was closed! Go figure....

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...9650#post79650

What's up with that?

Yeah so was I...Comment that is.

Anyway, I do have an Android, and most of the time I do log my FTF's. Sometimes I have to rush off to work and I will do it later. The FTF hounds up here just aren't as high strung I guess or not so I would notice. I do know that many of the FTFers around the area don't have a smartphone. Oh well.
    Happy Trails!

You know, I don't know if it is that we are high strung down here..... I just think we are a close group of friends who runs for caches when they are published. We never get upset with each other, but we sure like to tease and compete. And fortunately we all have smart phones. But I think what bothers me is when people purposely don't log an FTF quickly, even when they have the capability and know the importance to other cachers in the area. When someone who has over 5000 finds and has been caching for 6 years, gets an FTF and says in their log that they saw the notification on their smart phone and were in the area, and then they go and get the cache. Yet.... they know that they are in an area where competetive FTF runners are on the prowl on a regular basis......and still refuse to log quickly and wait five hours.... that is a shame.

I regularly run to NH down here for FTFs. Merenner and I saw several caches sit unfound for a week outside of Alton NH in the Belknap mountains so we ran over early on a Saturday morning. I didnt have cell service until I got up onto the peaks where the caches were located and then I did have service, so luckily I was able to log on location. But as we were driving out, a truck was coming towards us and on the plates it said BOATERS. Like many Geocachers, this person had vanity plates just as I have SERIOUS on my plates. And I recognized the name BOATERS from looking at caches in NH. SO I pulled over, rolled down my window and said "Just so you know, you're now running for second to finds...". The driver in the truck turns and looks at the two other people, and then turns back and smirks and says, "We have no idea what you are talking about. We were just going for a hike. However, it appears that we forgot something back home, so we will turn around and head out once you drive by". Obviously, they were cachers running for the FTF but decided to turn around and head home. They never did even bother with the caches once they knew we had found them.

I am not a cacher who won't bother if I am already on my way and close by, but sometimes if the cache is found, I may change my plan a bit and grab other caches before I get there, or go run an errand first or adjust my priorities.

So I take a vacation from full time caching and something as STUPID as this pops up? WOW! I'll post my FTF when I am good and damn ready. If you have an issue with that say it to my face and not in some snarky log post. Really people is this what this passtime has become: A bunch of juvenile techno geeks whining that people aren't INSTANTLY logging FTFs? I can't really post what I really feel because it would get this thread locked and tossed, but you can use your imaginations.

Where the hell is that thing?

Wow EvilHomer. You really ARE evil ;-)

Yeah, I'm posting a snarky log. You're right. Probably because I have never met you, and probably never would, and I'm not driving up North to say it to your face, unless you pay for my gas. I will be up that way for the next two days finishing my Delorme Challenge grids though. You can watch my SPOT map page and see where I am at every ten minutes if you feel the need to track me down. In that case, I'll politely tell you what I think. And then buy you a case of Duff Semi-Imported beer ;-)

Point PROVEN.

Where the hell is that thing?

You had a point?