vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FTF Fairyetale Round 2

I'm done. I won't rise to your bait.

I think what some are saying is that this addiction of ours is different things to different folks. The first year I was geocaching (beginning my 3rd now) I use paper logs and a Geomate JR., I did not even know this site or the forums really existed (found this site by an article in the KJ one sunday) I did not have a smart phone and I still am not sure how to log a cache from the one I just upgraded to. I don't do a lot of FTF's because I would rather hike to the top of a mountain for a cache than drive into augusta to find a light pole on the walmart parking lot. but to each their own. ST I don't think anyone intentionaly delay's logging a FTF and like I said in an earlier posting I am betting over 75% of the geocachers do not even know this is an issue because they don't follow the posting here or the other forums. Some day my schedule might let me attend an event to get more info on how to do some of the "high tech" (at least for me) stuff but for the most part, geocaching is an excuse to (1) go for a relaxing Hike with Dog in the woods (2) see/find things Trails/waterfalls/historic locations that I did not know existed (3) see parts of the state i have never been to and (4) gives me something to do when visiting folks out of town while the wife does most of the visiting. I did go after a FTF once and got it but you guy's had 3 years to get there before me so I am not sure It was a real race since after I got home that night and logged it no one else hase been up to "Harrow mountain fault" yet. after my last check I am still the one and only person to log it.
    I think as far as FTF's go with the earthcache event coming to Maine this year WE as maine cachers should make an effort to get all of the FTF's for every earthcache in the state. I Geocache alone with geopooch most of the time so I am looking into the ones I can do with him and not really need a buddy to do i.e. kayak or canoe down a remote river alone. The ones in baxter are sort of out due to I will not leave geopooch at home to hike in the woods as much as he likes his hikes.maybe this should be another thread though.

Some people in this thread have openly admitted that they WILL delay logging a find on an FTF just to make others run for it....

true but it seems like the same thing was going on in '06 maybe even more. should the rules change due to technology has advaced. or maybe only people with the capability to log remotely get a 24 hour advance notice on new caches being published and if there is over a certain amount of time say one hour between signing the paper log and the sight log then that person will not get the advace notice's any longer,after a couple of warning though. Groundspeak/ geocaching.com could charge extra for that 24 hour notice , extra $20 to be a Super Premium member or something like that. sorry just joking, I've been home sick and this is the only entertainment Ive had for two day's. ST congrats on finishing all the maps on your delorme challenge.

I guess what it boils down to, and I am probably repeating myself here, because most people here really do not actually read what someone says, but instead makes their own interpretation of it... is that everyone here realizes the importance of FTFs to many cachers yet they go out of their way to explain why they will refuse to log an FTF quickly. I do plenty of things when caching, for others like doing maintenance on broken caches, or replacing wet logs, or giving cache owner much better cords... I do it out of courtesy, not because it is a rule of the game. This game has almost no rules except for the placement guidelines.

I wish there was a super premium membership!!!!!

Thanks for the comment on me finishing my grids! I officially met with Team2Hunt last night, and over Allagash beers, I went through the cache, signed the log, and took some photos and had a great time with Team2Hunt sharing caching stories!