vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC3GGJK Geocaching's Two Mile High Club: CHALLENGE Cache!

Default GC3GGJK Geocaching's Two Mile High Club: CHALLENGE Cache!

So..... I placed this cache last weekend. It was published on Monday, 5 days ago... still no one logging it! I know there are people out there who qualify, and several in Maine.... how about anyone I don't know of? This is a great oppurtunity for an FTF and bragging rights! I am going to list the finders in the listing and rank them by the highest altitude cache they have found. I myself have several over 2 miles altitude. I have listed them in the cache listing.

See the cache here: http://coord.info/GC3GGJK

It is located in front of Elevation Burger in South Portland, Maine.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I barely qualified for the mile high one. So I won't be logging it any time soon.
    Happy Trails!

Me either, I've got 7000 something IIRC. We might get 2 miles when we go to Hawaii, there's only one traditional over 2 miles there (plus one webcam and one Earthcache).

Given the option, I'd rather find a way to get the 250 mile challenge.
    Last edited by brdad; 04-13-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have any FTF at over 2 miles high ha ha.... in Utah

Ya, I was going to run after an FTF out there, but I saw the FTF'r logged it from the cache, so why bother - no sense going now.

Seriously, there appears to be only 13 states with elevations above two miles. Perhaps you should add the list to your challenge page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_elevation
    Last edited by brdad; 04-14-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I will add it later today.... just heard from Parmacheene.... he's on his way to find the cache. Im gonna stake out the cache from inside Elevation Burger with TeamHorwich

ok, so I'm pretty sure I don't have this, may come close with some of the caches I've found in Colorado... but having trouble trying to figure it out, is there an easy way to see all the elevations with a PQ or am I stuck looking at each one on a TOPO?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

There are many other countries with caches over two miles.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Here's my 2 mile cache, an FTF too! http://coord.info/GCK5H6
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Awesome TAT! You should have come down and FTFed mine! But.....just so you know, someone got the FTF this morning on the cache but they have not logged it yet. I am going to hold back saying who, until they log it. TeamHorwich, Merenner and I all had a good time talking with the FTFers on site today!