vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Outrre-Frontiere

if any one wants to call the borderpatrol up that way their number is (207) 834-5255.

SO you don't need a passport? Just a birth certificate? That is bizarre! SInce when?

So they said that if you tried to walk/bushwhack you'd be seen and stopped? For what crime? Weird. Have I mentioned my disdain for the Government?

Try explaining our hobby to a "parinoid- government security border patrol officer" I thought , just a birth certificate ,, was a thing of the past but that's what he said. He mentioned camera's and eletronic devices that would "detect" anything in the area. Do not get me started on Imigration, As a US citizen they would probably throw us in jail and take away our GPSr's just to set an example to other Geocacher's who want to sign log's in tupperware containers hidden in the wood's. Would we be able to do this game if the cold war was still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior View Post
    Try explaining our hobby to a "parinoid- government security border patrol officer" I thought , just a birth certificate ,, was a thing of the past but that's what he said. He mentioned camera's and eletronic devices that would "detect" anything in the area. Do not get me started on Imigration, As a US citizen they would probably throw us in jail and take away our GPSr's just to set an example to other Geocacher's who want to sign log's in tupperware containers hidden in the wood's. Would we be able to do this game if the cold war was still going on?
    Well, the border was much more open during the Cold War. The "War on Terrorism" has given our government an excuse through the PATRIOT ACT and other legislation to clamp down the border and the rights of U.S. Citizens. Wasn't it nice having a well defined enemy, in communism and the Soviet Union??

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior View Post
    Oh and by the way, your description of "paranoid-government security border patrol officer".....? OK..... these border patrol officers along with 95% of Law Enforcement officers at local, state and Federal level although they have sworn allegiance to the U.S. and to follow the Constitution, to uphold and defend..... frankly, they are not doing so. The regulations that they enforce, and if by detaining me bushwhacking to a Geocache ON U.S. soil without crossing the border, is UN-CONSTITUTIONAL. However, as is true with most Law Enforcement officers, intelligence, free thinking, and knowledge of the Constitution are not why they have the job they have.

I thought this was geocaching and not "bash your local law enforcement officer"?

Yes, we should keep the political aspect to a minimum.

I'd still like to get the cache some day.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I thought this was geocaching and not "bash your local law enforcement officer"?

I'm not bashing my local law enforcement officer. I am bashing Federal Law Enforcement officers. Unless an officer is an Oath Keeper ( http://oathkeepers.org/oath/ ), they will get bashed. Especially when a Border Patrol officer states according to Surfacewarrior, that " I ask about walking in completely on the US side and he said I would be seen and stopped." That is a pretty ballsy thing for a cop to say, considering they would need to have suspicion that a crime has bee committed and last time I checked, walking on one side of a border is not a crime, or even probable cause.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yes, we should keep the political aspect to a minimum.

I'd still like to get the cache some day.
    As far as political aspect, unfortunately the international aspect of this cache, and the border issues at hand in finding this cache bring up some very interesting legal and as a result, political issues.