vb:literal>

Thread: Hiding a cache on school grounds?

Default Hiding a cache on school grounds?

We've been asked to set up a set of experiences wherein a girl scout troop can obtain their geocaching patches. We'd like to set and publish a couple of caches on a trail that's been created on school grounds. I thought I'd read a rule somewhere that says you cannot place a cache on school property, but at the same time we've found many caches on trail systems that are on school grounds. We've gotten permission from the district superintendent, but I wanted to see what the caching community (especially TAT) thought about it. Thanks!

UMO trails are open and its ok to place them there.

Where the hell is that thing?

Geocaches are not placed on school properties or military installations. Generally, schools and the military do not allow geocaching on their property. Further, you should not place geocaches near schools or military installations, as the borders shown on a map may be inaccurate. A cache and geocachers searching for a cache around schools or military installations are likely to arouse suspicion, which may result in a military or local law enforcement response. The costs of any such response are entirely the cache owner's responsibility.
    http://support.groundspeak.com/index...schoolmilitary

Generally, schools do not allow geocaching on their property, but if the principal or superintendent do allow geocaching, the cache owner may still be responsible for the costs of a local law enforcement response.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I have placed 4 caches on the trails behind the school in China. I got permission from the teacher who manages the school forest. It was quick and easy and they were very happy to have us do it.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana