vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for company

Hybrid View

Default Looking for company

Tink and I want to do the WW II POW Camp cache. But we would like to see if there is anyone out there that would like to head up to it. We were thinking that since it is so far up north for us that we could make an overnighter out of it. I don't see anyone on this site that has done it yet.

What I am proposing is that we take some tents and sleeping bags and head up one day this week and find the cache and do a few other caches and then set up camp for the night and head back the next day and hit some more caches on the way home maybe.

We could have a great time. Do we have any takers?

Here is the cache page:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=96272ed5-4f03-409a-a3f0-5c9851cb45ef&log=y&decrypt=
    Blazing Troll

Default Count me in!

Can't speak for the rest of The G Team, but I'd be up for that. If there's no indoor plumbing, the rest of the team probably isn't interested

With a day or two's notice, I can go anytime.

Michael

I was at that cache not too long ago. There is a "wilderness campsite" right at the POW Camp location, but it's popular, so it might ne crowded. There are a lot of fire permit campsites in the area, though. Check the Delorme guide. I can give you more info if you want. And you can visit all my caches while you're in the area!

(Matter of fact, I see that only 1 person has been there since we were there on May 19)

WhereRWe?

I have a question for you since you were just recently there. Is the road going in drivable by car or do I need and SUV?
    Blazing Troll

You could make it all the way to the cache in a motorized wheelchair (motorized only because it's about 20 miles from US Route 201). Thus my comment in the cache site log, about how much the road had improved in the 35 years since I was last in there, when the people I went to visit could not believe I made it in there in my 1962 Ford Falcon.

It's about as good as a gravel road can get. Go for it!

I have been to your Over the Horizon cache already but will go there again if anyone wants to do it that goes with me. You are right definately take the Stream Road off Route 16 just outside Bingham. It is a lot beeter then the other way and shorter.
    Blazing Troll

Default Anyday(s) next week, except

Thursday morning is fine with me, as I too, am on vacation. I'd be up for a day trip, and/or overnighter. I've been to the radar station (or to the gate, since it was still active at the time) but that was in pre-geocache time.

WHERERWE: I was actually thinking about this one:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-1a36339cf6c7

But I'd certainly like to grab Over the Horizon on the way!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Thursday morning is fine with me, as I too, am on vacation. I'd be up for a day trip, and/or overnighter. I've been to the radar station (or to the gate, since it was still active at the time) but that was in pre-geocache time.

WHERERWE: I was actually thinking about this one:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-1a36339cf6c7

But I'd certainly like to grab Over the Horizon on the way!

Michael
    It's about as good as a gravel road can get. Go for it![/QUOTE]
    I have Mainiac1957 phone number and I am suppose to call him and get with him on when is good time for us. He said that Tuesday or Wednesday was good for him(but his did not say he could not do it Thursday). So what are you saying that Thursday is the only day that is good for you? I have to call his cell phone because he is out of town so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row so I don't have to call him more then once. He also did not specify whether he wants to do an overhighter or not. It does not matter to me. I just figured since we had to drive so far it might be and option. What do you think? Would you rather a day trip or and over nighter? I can go either way it does not matter.
    Blazing Troll

Smile My schedule for next week:

Monday=OK
    Tuesday=OK
    Wednesday=OK
    Thursday=Apointment in Waterville from 7:30-9:00 AM, after that, OK
    Friday=OK
    Sat/Sun=OK

I think a 2-day trip would be cool. My stuffs pretty much packed all the time, so I can toss it in the truck and go.

Do we have any other participants (Haffy?)?

Just let me know what day(s) are best for you.

Michael

The only participants we have so far is my wife and mainiac1957. Whom I will try and call tomorrow. My wife and I are backpackers so our stuff is pretty much packed all the time also. I think an overnighter would be cool. I tried to talk Haffy into it but he said he is not much of a camper and does not have the equipment he says. I was hoping he would come along. Come on haffy. What are you going to do sit in front of the computer all day. We know you are currently unemployed. LOL. Just kidding.

My wife has to work Tuesday. She will try and switch it tomorrow with someone. She should not have a problem. So lets shoot for Tuesday and Wednesday. But I will confirm it tomorrow tomorrow and post it here.

There has to be some others out there. Let all pull together we can do some geocaching and have an overnighter and campfire and all the trimmings.
    Blazing Troll