vb:literal>

Thread: De Plane...De Plane...

Default De Plane...De Plane...

Sometimes as you make a run geocaching you see some interesting sights.. A bear, some nesting birds, meet other cachers, find someone broke down & offer a hand.... you get the gist.
    Well today we were making the "stud mill road" run. Got a lot of the caches & as we were approaching the "crossroads cache" GC1J32Y we came upon an unusual sight!! Here in the middle of the road was an airplane! So of course we stopped... we had to.. Had a chat with the fellow & it seems his plane was running "rough" (as he put it) and he felt he ought to set down ASAP... which he did... on the stud mill road. So we, & a couple other folks who came along helped shove it off into the "toolie-weeds". I offered to make a call on Ham Radio to help him out but he had already made all the necessary contacts & said assistance was on the way... so we bid farewell & went along with our caching run. Later on, the gentleman caught up with us on his way towards Orono & said all was well & he'd be getting the plane out the next day, either on it's own power or dis-winged and trucked. He thanked us for the help.

Just goes to show... ya never know what ya might encounter on a caching run!!
    This was one Kathy & I will definitely remember..
    ..Happy Trails..RubiconJW & MsK...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1442.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	744.0 KB 
ID:	1080  
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

Just how do you plan to log *THAT* cache?

That was very interesting.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.