vb:literal>

Thread: Finishing the Maine DeLorme Challenge

Thumbs up Finishing the Maine DeLorme Challenge

I have noticed how many folks have been completing the DeLorme Challenge lately. As one who did it in 2006 I know what it takes to get it done. I know a few areas have had PnG's placed to make it a bit easier, but still not that easy. Congrats to all who have taken it on and finished it. This Sunday I will be with Quilting Mom and CachingMike94 as they get their last 3 grids done up near Ashland. She really wanted to have it done this year and now she will be able to place that one in her found column.
    Happy Trails!

I agree, many caches have been placed that make it easier, but it's still a lot of time and miles. Especially since most don't have the time to do them all at once. Congrats to all who have completed and are going to be completing what I consider one of the best challenges.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Way to go Kathy and Mike . . . and Brad of course . . . doing the DeLorme Challenge was one of my favorite geocaching memories due to all the miles and time . . . and I suspect that even with a few more caches it is still a worthwhile endeavor and something to take pride in . . . and it's worth noting that folks who do this now have to do more maps than when I did it since there were several more exempt maps at the time.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

And in 2006 the price of gas was also $2.18!! Ahhh the good 'ol days.....

But it's not all about the caches, the adventure is also about the people you're with... but mostly the caches... P

Grats on the achievement Quilting Mom & CachingMike
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.