vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another milestone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EGSG
    Congratulations on not only having 600 finds but some of the best hides in the state. Here's to another 600 finds and some more of those nasty hides.
    Hoping to get one more of those hides out before you leave. You may even have to postpone moving a few weeks so you can find it . Thanks for the praise.

Thanks to all for the kind words and the caches hidden. Since it's not about the numbers (It's about MY numbers!) here are my current cache find stats.

Total Caches: 600

Caches by type:
    Traditional Cache: 482 (80.3%)
    Multi-Cache: 49 (8.2%)
    Virtual Cache: 50 (8.3%)
    Letterbox Hybrid: 4 (.7%)
    Event Cache: 9 (1.5%)
    Unknown Cache: 4 (.7%)
    Cache In Trash Out Event: 2 (.3%)

Caches by container:
    micro: 34 (5.7%)
    small: 22 (3.7%)
    regular: 454 (75.7%)
    other: 18 (3%)
    virtual: 43 (7.2%)
    not chosen: 29 (4.8%)

Cache Ratings:
    Difficulty:
    Minimum: 1
    Maximum: 4.5
    Average: 1.8
    Terrain:
    Minimum: 1
    Maximum: 5
    Average: 2

Distance:
    Minimum: .19 mi
    Maximum: 595 mi
    Average: 89.5 mi

Cache Age:
    Oldest Cache: 2001-01-02
    Youngest Cache: 2005-07-19
    Average hidden date: 2003-09-13

Next time someone accuses me of having OCD, I'm going to have to point them to the last reply....

Congratulations Dave! May you not have 600 finds as difficult for you to find, as we all had looking for 'ole 470.

Default #600 Finds

Congrats Dave
    May you have many many more caching adventures. Guess I gotta get out caching more or be left behind.Just waitin for cooler wx. Keep on cachin !!!

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Thanks to all for the kind words and the caches hidden. Since it's not about the numbers (It's about MY numbers!) here are my current cache find stats.
    I have to ask...

Do you manually maintain a data base of all your finds, or is there some way to access this data on geocaaching.com?

(I already know the answer, I think, but as I said, I HAVE to ask...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I have to ask...

Do you manually maintain a data base of all your finds, or is there some way to access this data on geocaaching.com?

(I already know the answer, I think, but as I said, I HAVE to ask...)
    I maintain a GPX file of all my finds (this is easy enough, short of keeping up with any archived finds).

From there, there is a handy function in Watcher, which outputs stats of all caches in the GPX file(s) loaded. This is the same way which I post Maine cache stats to my geocaching web page.

Did you know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I maintain a GPX file of all my finds (this is easy enough, short of keeping up with any archived finds).

From there, there is a handy function in Watcher, which outputs stats of all caches in the GPX file(s) loaded. This is the same way which I post Maine cache stats to my geocaching web page.

Did you know the answer?
    Well, if the answer is "Yes, I manually maintain a database (.gpx file)", then I did know! LOL!

I tried to do a pocket query earlier today on the caches we've found, but it only gave me back 397 while we've got almost 500.

Any idea why? I'm pretty sure I set up the query to grab at least 90% of the finds at least.

What did you use for a zip code and how large an area did you ask for? When I ask for my found caches I use my zip 04937 and 300 miles from there and get them all,except the 6 I found in SC. My unfound I use the same but it's getting close to the 500 limit for those though. I'll just have to find some more to keep it below the 500 limit.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    What did you use for a zip code and how large an area did you ask for? When I ask for my found caches I use my zip 04937 and 300 miles from there and get them all,except the 6 I found in SC. My unfound I use the same but it's getting close to the 500 limit for those though. I'll just have to find some more to keep it below the 500 limit.

I didn't use a zip code, I used the "Within" section select States and selected everything on that list. That will cover the US plus all Canadian provinces, as well as a few other places IIRC (US territories, perhaps). Make sure under the "From Origin" section None selected is selected.

I have to further break my finds up now since a 500 cache PQ isn't big enough, but other than that you should be set.

If anyone is wondering how to get their archived finds, it's a manual labor job of going through your profile and lists of finds, loading any ones marked archived, saving each one as a GPX, then merging them all together.