Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Winter Caching

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,576

    Talking Winter Caching

    So who has been out this winter caching? I know my January total was down from previous years. Less snow this year than some. Now that more is on the way will that increase or decrease your getting out? Island caches? Snowshoe hikes? Many potential places and winter friendly hides to be found.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    I've been out caching . . . in fact just last weekend I even went all the way to New Brunswick to cache.

    Snow or no snow . . . it makes no difference . . . a) I've been doing a bunch of relatively easy caches and b) at some point this winter I'll be going somewhere where there is no snow and will grab some caches.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    So who has been out this winter caching? I know my January total was down from previous years. Less snow this year than some. Now that more is on the way will that increase or decrease your getting out? Island caches? Snowshoe hikes? Many potential places and winter friendly hides to be found.
    How are ice conditions in the area? Anyone interested in doing some island/swamp/etc caches after the Sunday breakfast?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Just saw Mrs. Bahr on the news warning people to check ahead on flights.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Readfield, Maine
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I have been doing some of the islands in Mt vernon / Readfield area that I have wanted to do . I am working this weekend so none will be done after Nemo pulls out on sunday.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Great idea Dan. Now if I only can think of some I haven't done.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMainah View Post
    How are ice conditions in the area? Anyone interested in doing some island/swamp/etc caches after the Sunday breakfast?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Great idea Dan. Now if I only can think of some I haven't done.
    Possibilities:
    http://coord.info/GC1DMY3
    http://coord.info/GC31TJ8


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Great idea Dan. Now if I only can think of some I haven't done.
    Another Possibility: http://coord.info/GC2ZK5F

    Found the jackpot here: http://coord.info/map?ll=45.133951,-69.389488&z=14


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •