vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone post here anymore?

Default Why doesn't anyone post here anymore?

I used to enjoy all the discussions and information that was shared here. Now I check-in here and sometimes it is a full week and there are no new posts. What happened? I still post responses here and there but there is not much to respond to lately. Is there something that made everyone stop?
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I used to enjoy all the discussions and information that was shared here. Now I check-in here and sometimes it is a full week and there are no new posts. What happened? I still post responses here and there but there is not much to respond to lately. Is there something that made everyone stop?
    Maybe it's just that time of the year when nobody gets out much and just not much to talk about? I miss all my Maine geocaching friends.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

This is typically a slow time of year. But undoubtedly some have stopped coming because they didn't enjoy some of the arguments/banter/discussions going on. Even more so, I think much of it can be accounted to social media sites. We only have so much time to see what's going on, and many people check into Facebook, Google+, and others which have geocaching groups already there, so I think many catch up there and leave it at that. It's too bad, because some things are better asked or discussed in a forum. Plus, it's hard to have some of the information we have here available on the social sites.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Jason, I still check in here multiple time a day and post once in awhile. As well as keeping the event list up to date. I really would like to see folks back on here more, but I often wonder if it will ever happen. maybe little by little we can get things going again. I am all for that.
    Happy Trails!

I check in on a regular basis also.
    Blazing Troll

I think the sites like facebook are the biggest reason no one comes here much anymore. Everyone figures they're getting all they need to know from there.

I really enjoy reading the posts here and responding. The more contributors, the more fun it is. Hopefully it will pick back up. I see there are a lot of voyeurs from the number of views vs. the number of replies
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

I too check in often. Don't post much because I have other sites I am tormenting on a regular basis. I had be noticing the same thing, I will do better.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I too check in often. Don't post much because I have other sites I am tormenting on a regular basis. I had be noticing the same thing, I will do better.

yay! more tormenting here!

Elaine, It's just Mike. Remember, he lost his mind awhile ago and is now fairly harmless...
    Happy Trails!