vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest break you've taken from geocaching?

Talking What's the longest break you've taken from geocaching?

I'm not naming names, but a cacher I know hasn't found one since November. I'm not doing much better. Yeah, it's partly the time of year, partly other obligations getting in the way of the fun stuff, and maybe it's just been time for a little break. I do know that I am really looking forward to the next time we take off for a day of caching. It's been too long...

We don't cache too often in the winter just because we're not really set up for it. We're not huge fans of GRCs and lamp post caches, although we do them from time to time. Last summer, other things got the best of our time but we're in hopes of doing some caching on the days we have off together. We're slowing down considerably from when we started but JustPJ66 and I are not quitting.

According to GC.com stats. Mine was for 106 days the year I started. From November to the end of February. I grabbed my first cache of 2004 on Feb 29th netting me that first leap day cache. Not knowing I would want that later on. Since then I have been quite steady I guess.
    Happy Trails!

142 days . . . October 2008-March 2009. Money was tight for awhile so I was restricting myself to not caching as much to save money on gas.

Normally Winters are slow for me as well . . . mainly since winters are usually when I snowmobile . . . but this year and last year have been an aberration.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Sometimes life gets in the way. In 2008/2009, that happened to us and we went 173 days without a find. We still stayed active in the forums and paid attention to what was going on, but never made it out to get a cache. So in 2011/2012 we were working on the 366 challenge and the 100 day in a row challenge, we decided to up the ante and cached for 173 days consecutively, So our longest slump now matches out longest streak.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-16-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

looking at my stats Nov 24 2003 to Feb 29 ..97 days

With all the events now...assuming they count in this survey ....there is no need to go a long time without

Wow, never realized this until this thread. After one of my back surgeries we went 202 days without caching. That's sad. We don't cache as hard as many others do, but that is a long stretch. We need to do better. Speaking of which, the sun is bright, the snow is melting, hmmm.........

TAT went 77 consecutive days without a find from 02/20/2011 to 05/08/2011. Just missed the Mt. Agamenticus CITO Event 2011 by a few minutes. MainePublisher published over 200 caches!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

202, from 12/10/2006 to 06/29/2007 Working on a better one now though.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.