vb:literal>

Thread: Geocaching in England. Question about GPS...

Default Geocaching in England. Question about GPS...

We're going to England for a wedding in a week. It's our first time abroad, so of course we want to get a few caches! I use the Garmin 60csx and use the City Navigator North America software. I found the City Navigator UK/Ireland card on Amazon for $23 bucks! I switched it out and it works great.

So my question is this: when I download cache info to my gps, does it go into a different memory area of the unit than the map software? It does, right?

So whether I've got the US or UK mapping software in the unit, I can still download cache info for caches anywhere and that info will stay in the unit even when I'm switching out the mapping software. Right?

Thanks!

If you put the maps on the SD card then that may be true. Most likely on the 60 the caches will be on the internal memory. I had a Map60 at one time, but most all GPS units work the same way. You CAN put caches on the card, but as I said they will likely be on internal unless you specify.
    Happy Trails!

Either way I would think the files would remain separate, so there should be no danger of losing your caches when changing maps. I don't go on any long distance trip without having at least one backup of my caches anyway - usually have GSAK with all the caches on it in the laptop, and a GSAK backup file on one of my camera cards or the card in the nuvi. That way, if the Laptop or my GPS or both break, I can get new and reload GSAK and the GPSR.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."