vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new GC.com feature

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Another new GC.com feature

Just read in the forums of another new GC.com feature that is available to premium members.If you go to the cache page and go to your account and click on the top of the page, premium member features, they are trying out a new beta instant notification feature. That's for all of us cachers who like to be FTF....lol. Just fill out the info and when a new cache pops up,your email account that you signed up with will be notified of the new cache in the area that you filled out. Kind of cool I thought. Just another advantage of being a premium member. For 30 bux a year not bad for all that it (GC.com) provides,but that is just my opinion. Check it out!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

NICE!! Thanks for pointing this out... my thinking is that they've had this under wraps for years so that super premium members can get all the FTF's!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    If you go to the cache page and go to your account and click on the top of the page, premium member features, they are trying out a new beta instant notification feature. That's for all of us cachers who like to be FTF....lol.
    OK, but it will only notify for a certain type of cache. Is there a way around that?

lol you'll still beat me to all the caches, haffy! i live way too far way from everything!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Haffy, did you lobby GC for this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Haffy, did you lobby GC for this feature?

No but I should have I guess huh?....lol. Besides YOP is still the king of FTF's

I knew this feature was coming, but it was expected what feels like 10 years ago so I had forgotten it. It does stink you can't select multiple cache types.

Until the last major upgrade, about 8 months ago, there was a cacher who had a service which emailed you with all new caches. It wasn't flawless, but worked well until gc.com shut him down because it was leaching their resources.

So, it's good to see gc.com adapts to what people are asking for, though I look often to see what is out there anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    OK, but it will only notify for a certain type of cache. Is there a way around that?

You have to do a separate one for each,remember this is beta so it's still in it's infancy.

The one thing that I am waiting for and a lot of other people too is being able to get a pocket query of caches along at route. There is a way to do it with using GSAK and arcs and poly lines and such but it is asking too much of me to figure that part out...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    The one thing that I am waiting for and a lot of other people too is being able to get a pocket query of caches along at route. There is a way to do it with using GSAK and arcs and poly lines and such but it is asking too much of me to figure that part out...
    Seems to me that Mainiac1957 told me that you could do that with the Garmin GPSMap 60-series. Or maybe I just imagined it. SPEAK UP, BRAD!!!

Would be a GREAT resource, though.