Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hot Off the Press

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knox, Maine
    Posts
    11

    Exclamation Hot Off the Press

    I had the chance yesterday to meet with firefighterjake, an old bud of mine from school and Fire/EMS. When he's not eating smoke for Bangor, or when I'm not improving my drive time from Knox to Thayer Unit in waterville (14 min during a code) we're caching.....Jake also works for the Village Soup press, and he's had the chance to meet with me and some other cachers in the midcoast area. When the article hits the press-I'll let you guys and gals know.

    Bear
    Last edited by bearfirefighter; 07-29-2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    I know a person that goes by the name firefighterjake. I have been snowmobiling with this person. Does firefighterjake own a SkiDoo 500SS snowmobile?
    Blazing Troll

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I know a person that goes by the name firefighterjake. I have been snowmobiling with this person. Does firefighterjake own a SkiDoo 500SS snowmobile?
    Is this same person you speak of witty, possessing a self-deprecating sense of humor and a kind and gentle person who many aspire to be like . . . a man who . . . . Yeah Rick . . . it's me . . . but my SkiDoo REV didn't blow up!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearfirefighter
    I had the chance yesterday to meet with firefighterjake, an old bud of mine from school and Fire/EMS. When he's not eating smoke for Bangor, or when I'm not improving my drive time from Knox to Thayer Unit in waterville (14 min during a code) we're caching.....Jake also works for the Village Soup press, and he's had the chance to meet with me and some other cachers in the midcoast area. When the article hits the press-I'll let you guys and gals know.

    Bear
    And I could use some help . . . I was hoping to interview some other Waldo County cachers but other than an initial reply from one and a reply from BearFirefighter I've heard nothing. Nevertheless Seth was very easy to interview.

    I do have some questions which maybe the BBS community here could help me with before I write the article . . . which will be soon.

    Question 1) Does anyone have an approximate guess-timate on the number of geocachers in Waldo County?

    Question 2) Does anyone have an approximate guess-timate on the number of geo-cachers in Maine?

    Question 3) I don't necessarily need to know any of your real names . . . but I would like to mention the fact that geo-caching covers a wide spectrum of ages, sex and occupations . . . I would love it if you could provide me with your age, sex (male/female/other) and occupation.

    TFTH (Thanks For The Help)

  5. #5
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    UMMMM, I thought you were married...... This is a good cover up though. I'm 5'9" Blond Hair, Blue eyes, Slightly over weight looking for SWFNS how about you. HAHAHA

    Just kidding, You could go to the members list and that would give you a rough idea, but not everyone that is a member of GC.com is a member here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976

    Just kidding, You could go to the members list and that would give you a rough idea, but not everyone that is a member of GC.com is a member here.
    Looking more for a rough guess . . . thought some Waldo County GCs might have a rough idea on numbers in the County and the rest of the folks here might have a rough guess on numbers for Maine . . . Seth gave me some numbers, but I'd like to get a consensus of sorts on totals.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    It's gonna be hard to get a good list of cachers by county... There are so many that don't visit this site or post their location on gc.com. One bit of info I did figure out the other day - Out of the apx 1100 caches ever approved in Maine (About 790 now active), about 450 different cacher accounts have placed caches. Who knows how many are from away, but that's a lot of cache hiders!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Question 3) I don't necessarily need to know any of your real names . . . but I would like to mention the fact that geo-caching covers a wide spectrum of ages, sex and occupations . . . I would love it if you could provide me with your age, sex (male/female/other) and occupation.

    TFTH (Thanks For The Help)[/QUOTE]


    Hey 52 year old divorced male here,looking for a good woman who likes to cook,clean,do housework,enjoys the outdoors, fishing, and has a nice boat. Please send picture of boat......lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  9. #9
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Do those type of women exist anymore LOL. I have the last one I think.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    It's gonna be hard to get a good list of cachers by county... There are so many that don't visit this site or post their location on gc.com. One bit of info I did figure out the other day - Out of the apx 1100 caches ever approved in Maine (About 790 now active), about 450 different cacher accounts have placed caches. Who knows how many are from away, but that's a lot of cache hiders!
    Perhaps Rick can set up some sort of listing by location? I know you could go through the entire member list and pick out those living in the area you're interested in, but it was a lot easier when we had 50-60 members! LOL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •