vb:literal>

Thread: Michelin Quest for Adventure

Default Michelin Quest for Adventure

Got this message this morning. I put my response at the end.

Greetings,
    Last week you submitted a request to receive one of our Michelin Man trackables to celebrate our 125th anniversary Geocaching contest.
    We received overwhelming interest in our contest in a record amount of time and thus closed the website from accepting further requests. However, we still took in more requests than we are able to fulfill and, unfortunately, your request came in too late for the current allocation. We distributed our trackables on a first-come, first-serve basis and although we desperately wish we could, we are unable to send out a trackable to everyone who requested one.

BUT ... don't worry ... we've got some good news ...
    We were able to secure 500 more Michelin Man tire pressure gauges and trackable tags! So we are going to open the website, once again, in a few weeks and will give everyone another chance to request a trackable. Follow @MichelinUSA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to find out when the request form will be available.
    We'd also like to answer some questions that have been thrown our way since launching on the 8th.

Dear Lauren Davis,

Wait a minute! I already entered the contest and was told I would be getting one, you over booked and say I can not get one. Now you are saying you are going to get more but I have to entire another contest, and win, only to be not awarded the prize as promoted again? I think you should honor the first winners first, don't you think?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

We were able to secure 500 more Michelin Man tire pressure gauges and trackable tags! So we are going to open the website, once again, in a few weeks and will give everyone another chance to request a trackable. Follow @MichelinUSA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to find out when the request form will be available.

That ought to take about 500 milliseconds to get requested. Why not 50,000?

A house is not a home without a cat.

The thing is they already told a bunch of us we would get one. Then they said we couldn't, then they said to sign up again so they can pull this fraud again. In order to enter the contest we have to get one and then come up with a way to get a good picture with it. How is anyone to do this if two of the four here in Maine have not been out of the owners hands? On top of that I saw one picture of a girl that had scammed the system and got 5, not even a cacher. I see other people telling of trips they will be taking next year and plan to take the pictures then, after the end of the contest.

I would like to see them honor all the commitments they made, but at least send the 500 new ones out to the people that should have gotten one from the first scam. I know there will still be a bunch left out but at least they will be doing things right.

Fraud!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.