vb:literal>

Thread: Different signs

Default Different signs

There is a cache up north that is at a "blue post", as indicated in the hint, in Maine, this means "No Treaspassing".

Am I correct?

The post is set up along a dirt road and there are more posts on that side of the road.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Maine is one of about a dozen states in which purple paint on a fence post has a specific meaning. If you see it, turn around. Here's why.
    In Maine, purple paint means "no trespassing." Maine is one of 11 states to have the "purple paint law." The other states are Texas, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, Florida, Idaho, Arkansas, Montana, Arizona and Kansas,

A house is not a home without a cat.

From https://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting-tr...-property.html

Posting of Land and Criminal Trespass (17-A MRSA, �402)
    Property is posted if it is marked with signs or paint in one of the following ways and in a manner that is reasonably likely to come to the attention of an intruder:

1.Signs must indicate that access is prohibited, that access is prohibited without permission of the landowner or landowner's agent, or that access for a particular activity is prohibited.

2.One vertical "OSHA Safety Purple" stripe at least one inch in width and at least 8 inches in length means "Access by Permission Only" when it is placed on trees, posts or stones between three and five feet off the ground. These signs or paint stripes must mark the property at distances no more than 100 feet apart at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property, and at all vehicular access entries from a public road.

In addition, landowners may also, either verbally or in writing, personally communicate to others that access is prohibited. Remember, it is unlawful to remove, mutilate, deface or destroy a sign or paint mark that is placed in order to prohibit or restrict access; and it is unlawful to post the land of another without permission of the landowner.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have informed our local reviewer.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.